Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2012, 09:53 PM
    Question about my meds
    So after a month of ignoring it, I finally went into the doctor. I knew I had a URI. But I tend to just ignore when I don't feel good. Lol.

So anyway, I had a completely stuffed sinus/nose, a bad cough from post nasal drip, and really bad clogged ears frm the sinus pressure. Then I made my ears hurt even worse by going up into the mountains while they were already full of pressure lol.

So I went to the doc, and low and behold, I have a URI lol *gasp* who would have known right? Lol

So anyway, yeah, for some reason, I tend to forget abut the important questions with the doctor and just say 'ok thank you' and leave, and THEN think of the questions later.

The doc gave me a azithromyacin, prednisone, and promethazine with codine

The zpack and prednisone I understand.
    But I always thought promethazine was for nausea?

Or is it for something else I'm not aware of?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 21, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Promethazine (Phenergan) is usually prescribed for nausea and vomiting, but can also be used for allergy type symptoms as well. It seems that your doctor did well and covered all the bases. You will sleep well with the Prometazine too!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2012, 11:03 PM
    Oh cool. That would be why I can breath better lol. I finally went in because for the last week I've been taking my cpap mask off in the middle of the night cause I can't breath :P hpefully tonight will be better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meds again [ 2 Answers ]

I hate to beat it the point, but if I don't tell the military that I've been psychiatrically hospitalized and treated, will they find out anyway? Thank you guys so much for answering this quickly.

Deworming meds [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is colleen and I have 3 cats. One of which I just discovered this morning, has worms in his feces. I just spent 150 dollars this past week at the vets with him because he had a uti. I don't have the money to take him again. I would like to know if anyone could tell me the best over...

Meds difference [ 1 Answers ]

What is diffrence in norco an lortab

Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds. [ 5 Answers ]

I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.

Old meds. [ 2 Answers ]

If I have 13 caps of cephalexin perscribed to me in 2002 can I take them now for my sines infection?

View more questions Search