Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Ok I will check this tomorrow night after my little man settles in for the night. Excited to come back but so confused. Cliffy baby bring me back to normal. I don't even want a toaster, seriously. Just normal is good for me.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 06:16 PM
    I did a shout-out to him again.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Just finished a 13 hour shift. We had a dog come in today who ate a bunch of rocks. Owner dropped a milkshake on the ground and in trying to eat that, he ate a TONNE of stones.

Anyone want to guess what breed of dog it was? :P
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
    A Newfie? A Chihuahua?
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
    Laaaaabrador
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I did a shout-out to him again.
    Thank you so much WG. Truly.
    I am off for the night and heading to count some sheep.
    With any luck I can be normal again tomorrow evening. Until then everyone have a wonderful evening what's left of it for you all.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 06:20 PM
    So what happened? Pump his stomach? Surgery?
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 06:21 PM
    Well, you wouldn't know he ate rocks unless the owner told you. Or, you looked at the x-ray. He is 100% normal otherwise.
    Going to see if they pass overnight - chances are they won't. If they don't, to surgery we go.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Did you feed him bread and other stuff to cushion the rocks and keep the peristalsis active?
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
    He's on protectants for now, but that's it. Happened 3 days ago apparently and the best he's done is vomit some up. They are small and smooth so we aren't worried about perforation or the like - but they are sitting at the bottom of the gut and not wanting to move into the intestine.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 06:35 PM
    That's why I have cats. They don't eat rocks.
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 06:36 PM
    Labs. I swear they eat anything.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 06:40 PM
    That's why I have tarantulas... they won't eat rocks.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariss View Post
    Laaaaabrador
    Those guys will eat anything. We had one once that swallowed 16 golf balls.
    Then the rat terrier that swallowed the spoon.
    The Golden who ate baby bottle nipples.
    More recently the dachshund that ate a barbie doll dress.
    Why is it that a dog thinks they should swallow something just because they can?

I hope he does well.
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
    I find it funny when clients call and say oh my dog ate suchandsuch. They act SO surprised when I ask if it's a lab. :P
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 08:57 PM
    Just venting a little... my little guy has a stuffy nose, and from the way he's rubbing them he has itchy eyes too. WG--typing 1-handed. Please forgive bad grammar/punctuation. Probably bad spelling too. Anyway, he's dog-tired, but can't breathe if I lay him down. Have the vaporizor started in his room, but in the meantime, I need to be holding him or he cries so miserably, which just stuffs him up more.

And people wonder why I hate it when they hold him without washing their hands, and then kiss all over his face or put their face by his.

*sigh*
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 09:01 PM
    I grew up smelling like Vicks VapoRub from the humidifier my mom had running upstairs in our bedrooms for my croupy little brother. It worked like a charm though -- or taking him into the bathroom and running the shower on hot and steamy -- opened up those airways like magic!

*hiding my eyes so as not to see any typos*
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 09:06 PM
    Tried the shower--we went through this when he was 2 months old too. He liked it, it helped while we were in there, but once we got out it was miserable again.

Just waiting for his room to get all vapory, then I'll see if I can lay him down
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 09:24 PM
    You actually got INTO the shower? Heck, I just turned on the shower, closed the door, and let the water steam up the bathroom while I sat on the closed toilet and held him on my lap. If he wasn't able to breathe afterwards, I sure was!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Mar 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Lol
    Thanks Cat missed you guys too :-) Hope all is well
    Heyyyyyyy I thought you were a black lab this whole time??

HELLO EVERYONE!!

How the hell are you?

Geez it's been eight months since I was last on here. So I was abducted by aliens this whole time and they made me their love slave and made me do things that I enjoyed way too much... ooops that's another story for another time... hehe

So how are you my lovelys? I see we have quite a few new additions, and I also see that the site has changed.

Glad to see you all...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search