Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    garnet's Avatar
    garnet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 30, 2004, 12:15 AM
    Ia father needs advice to keep daughter
    I am raising my 4 yr daughter without her mother. The mother was released from prison and currently lives with her parents. The mother and I were never married, and after being together 15 yrs. She finally became pregnant and we had a girl.. When our daughter was 1 the mother started using drugs daily, and the problem escalted to her being arrested and sent to prison.
    She is on parole for 4 yrs. And has already been repremanded for breaking the parole rules 3 different times. She is drinking, staying at the bars and then going to parties, dating other men, and then tells me in front of our daughter, that she doesn't belong to me. I already have court custody, but now I have to get state custody. My daughter cries because she thinks she might have to go and leave with her mom and even at 4 she knows what she wants.
    I guess my question is :
    Who is reliable to prove if I am the father or not?
    If the mother is not staying clean should she have any rights?
    If my daughter is happy why would the state take her away?
    slippydippydo's Avatar
    slippydippydo Posts: 38, Reputation: 1
    Junior Member

    Mar 29, 2005, 07:00 PM
    If you are worried about proving if you are the father, why don't you get a paternity test ?
    shenda's Avatar
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21
    Junior Member

    Mar 29, 2005, 09:34 PM

    or type father's right in your browser to seek specific legal advise

    there are too many variables at stake to render advise, my brother-in-law is a laywer, he states that you should revisit family court to petition full custody; however, if you are not the child's biological father be prepared, if the need arises to seek adoption. Bearing in mind that the biological father does not contest, if that is even the case. The issue of paternity does need to be address, resolved first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Daughter is Pre-Teen... Need Advice [ 50 Answers ]

I am a single mom and my daughter is 12 years old and is already "well developed". Everyone from the town I live in (small town of around 400 people) comment on how tall and womanly she looks! She has had her period for about 4 months now. She is talking about boys more and more and I know I am...

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father is not around? [ 13 Answers ]

I live with my husband and I have my daughter,which is not his biologically,but I also have a son that is his,so I was wondering if it is that he could adopt her without the father's consent,keeping in mind that her father is nowhere to be found.

Should I tell the father? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, well I've asked questions here before, but now I know for sure that I am pregnant and I'm 17, soon to be a senior in high school. The father doesn't know about the baby because he was abusive both physically and mentally. I have been told that I don't legally have to tell the father but I'm...

View more questions Search