Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firebird68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 04:51 AM
    John deere stx38 riding mower?
    John Deere STX38 rider. Manual trans. Is there an adjustment on shift linkage? Acts like it has broken teeth in gears 1,2,&3. Sporadic skipping.Thanks for any help. Jeff
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2012, 02:47 PM
    No adjustment ,
    Check belt for bad spots.
    Sounds like worn gears and shifter keys in transmission.
    Luck
    firebird68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 07:00 PM
    Thanks DG.Took it apart and shift fork was worn. Built it up with weld and reshaped it but still skipped. Shifter detent holes in case were worn too much. Thanks again, Jeff

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere STX38 Riding Lawn Mower Tractor 12.5HP Hydro [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings. I have a John Deere STX38 riding mower. It started just fine the past 3 months. Today I went to mow, it started, I backed it out of the shed and then it stalled out. I immediately thought maybe I had run out of gas, but it is 3/4 full from the last time I filled it which was 2 weeks ago....

John deere 68 riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father-in-law has a John Deere 68 Riding mower # A684H # 097629M. It needs some TLC/ carb work. How can we find parts/kits/etc for this mower? Went to JohnDeere.com posted the numbers that I listed above nothing came up. Am thinking it is too old for their books??

Gas getting in oil reservoir on John Deere riding mower model STX38 [ 1 Answers ]

John Deere riding mower model STX38 is getting gas in the oil. I drained the oil and it smelled of gas and had the density of gas, not the thickness of oil. Any suggestions as to how this is hapenning. I can change the oil and put gas in it and it runs great for some time.

Linkage for john deere stx38 mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

I bought an older ('95 - '98) John deere stx 38 lawn tractor. It has a black deck and a Kohler 13 HP engine on it. When you turn sharply, the left front tire rubs against the deck, this would be the left side as you sit on it. Could the linkage be wrong length?

View more questions Search