Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jackiestp's Avatar
    jackiestp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 16, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Transferring probation from Nevada to Texas (Texas Resident) on a sex offender charge
    My husband was visiting his sister in Nevada and was arrested. He is a Texas resident, we have a current lease agreement that is good until 2013 and he has utilities in his name here. Because of the charge he doesn't have a place that he can stay in Nevada because his sister has children. What do we need to do to have his probation transferred to Texas since he is a Texas Resident (he was in Nevada 5 days when arrested).
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,305, Reputation: 7692

    Mar 16, 2012, 05:00 PM
    Prior to the sentence, his attorney should arrange to have it transferred though the judge.
    After sentence it can take from one to three months to get it transferred.
    jackiestp's Avatar
    jackiestp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
    It says I have a response but I can't see it. Any information is greatly appreciated! I just want him home!
    jackiestp's Avatar
    jackiestp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Ok, he has already accepted a plea but doesn't actually go before the judged to be sentenced for some time now. When he goes, he just needs to have his attorney state that that's what he is wanting? His attorney has been very hard to get a hold of, and didn't even show up on his last court date. My husband feels like he isn't being represented fully but doesn't know what to do about that either. If the attorney refuses to ask the judge or request this from the judge can my Husband stand up and request it himself?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas Resident Sued by Out Of State Resident in Civil Court [ 4 Answers ]

I've just been told by the judge that I will not be allowed to appear via telephone for my trial date as the guy bringing suit against me will not allow it. Even though Florida Small Claims law 7.140 states I can appear telephonically if the judge allows it, she won't. He's a lawyer. She's a judge....

I have a dwi charge in Texas and I am on probation. Can I leave and go to Colorado [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dwi in Texas and I am on probation. If I get permissioin to move to another state will I have a new probation officer in that state.

How do you change jurisdictions in family law from Texas to Nevada [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in Nevada for the last 4 years. I have a custody order from the state of Texas where my son was born. His father still resides in Texas and has no contact with him what so ever. My question is how do I start the process to change jurisdiction from Texas to Nevada. Do I start in...

How long will it take for my misdemeanor probation transfer from Texas to Nevada take? [ 1 Answers ]

How long will it take for my misdemeanor probation take to transfer from tesas to Nevada? It is a class A assault w/bodily injury and is my first offense ever.

Can I as a Texas offender go hunting with a bow [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to find information about this

View more questions Search