Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Good landlord in brooklyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Real Estate Law
    Hi,

I have a tenant that pays her rent late almost every month one excuses after the other.
    We have no lease, live in a private house in New York City. How long do I have to give
    Her to move out? Is it 30 days notice. What percent is legel to raise rent.

Thank You
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Without a lease, you can give her notice equal to one rental period. If she pays monthly then give her one months notice.

As for raising the rent, NYC has some very complex rules about that. I would check with a landlord's association for help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Also if she pays, just pays late, are you not making a lot of money from all the late charges,

Honestly I would love 1/2 of my renters to pay but pay late every month, at 10 percent penalty on each late payment, it is a lot of extra money.

But with that said, yes the 30 day notice to vacate, if they don't, you will have to file in court for a eviction notice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate Law [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between limited warranty deed and a regular warranty deed when purchasing a new home

NYS Real Estate law [ 1 Answers ]

Does my name have to be on the mortgage to be on the deed?

Real Estate Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. We would like to know what happens when a man and woman, who are not married, purchase a house together, and they break up, what are the legal ramifications. She has paid in $6,000 initially and he has paid in over $80,000. She makes no payments on the house, does not contribute to home...

Real estate law [ 2 Answers ]

How do I evict a roommate who is not on the lease?

Pennsylvania Real Estate Law [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am in King of Prussia PA I am in a position where I have to break my lease. My lease states that after giving a sixty day notice I can break my lease by paying three months rent. When I spoke to the manager of this complex, they said that they are going to charge me an additional two...

View more questions Search