Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steelo320 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 10:57 PM
    Does drinking more water flush sodium from the body?
    Does drinking an increased average daily water intake carry sodium out of the body and potentially increase ones need for sodium? For example if someone drank a gallon or so a day and followed a low less than 1500mg of sodium diet would the excess water carry sodium out of the body and thus put the person at risk for sodium deficiency or does increased water not flush sodium from the body?

I know acute over consumption of water can dilute blood sodium and cause hyponatremia but I'm talking long term and not dilute blood levels just low body levels in general.

Thanks.
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 03:56 AM
    Water is not bad for your body.. Personally, I drink no Alcohol, Coffee, Tea, or even Sodas, only Water and I drink lots of it.. Now water helps us to flush sodium from our system but it is more than that, it keeps your kidneys clean and that is something we all need. Drinking water normally (2 up to 3 letters) of water a day.. Next to that, I am not sure what I can tell you

Sam

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can sodium bicarbonate mixed with water ever be an acidic solution? [ 4 Answers ]

I have acid erosion damage to my teeth and use a bicarb mouth rinse (half tspn or so in glass of water). My dentist told me to stop doing this, claiming Sodium bicarbonate is an amphoteric substance with both acidic and basic (alkaline) properties. The correct concentration in a solution is...

Hydrochloric acid distilled water sodium hydroxide [ 0 Answers ]

Hydrochloric acid distilled water sodium hydroxide

My dogs whole body is stiff and he has a hard time eating and drinking? [ 5 Answers ]

My dog is stiff his whole body, from the face to back legs? He can hardly open his mouth? He walks like, his joints are not bending, he is only a puppy maybe a year old? I don't know what happened? He has a hard time swallowing and chewing?

Why sodium get burn in water? [ 7 Answers ]

Can any body tell me why sodium metal start to burn when add with water?

View more questions Search