Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ogrenjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Frigidaire dryer won't spin
    Frigidaire Gas dryer, it turns on and hums when I try and use it. I taped the door sensor and turned it on and then gave it a hand spin, and it started up. Is my motor shot?
    sharkkiller1 Posts: 55, Reputation: 10

Mar 12, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Sure sounds like it
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 08:30 AM
    It could be a bad start capacitor, too.
    ChrisPolk Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 04:54 AM
    Without running it through a diagnostic testing, or seeing if an error code displayed (if you have a digital display) it is very hard to 100% say if it the motor or the capacitor. Though I agree with both parts may need to be tested and looked at by a professional, I would first start by resetting the unit at the household circuit breaker. Give it about 10-15 minutes, then retry the unit. You could just have a stumped timer in the unit. After that see if you can manually rotate the drum again with or without any noise or humming. Then try another cycle with clothing inside. Watch the performance and see what happens next. Let me know if anything changes, for better or worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't my my frigidaire dryer spin with a full load of clothes in it? [ 0 Answers ]

My dryer started squeeling recently. It also(recently) won't spin with a full load of clothes in it. I found the info. On askme.com to fix the squeel(replace rear bearing). I had already purchased a replacement belt, so I replaced it while I had it apart researching the bearing. I put it back...

Frigidaire ltf2940es0 will not spin. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a frigidaire ltf2940es0 that will not spin. It fills and drains properly as well as aggitates properly but during the spin cycle it only makes a humming sound. Once that sound ends it goes back to the slow tumble before it completes the cycle. I have tried the drain and spin cycle only with...

Frigidaire washer won't spin [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have a front loader Frigidaire washer model #GLTF2940ES that won't enter the spin cycle on certain settings. On other settings when it starts spinning it won't stop. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Joe

My Frigidaire, friggin won't spin! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire washer, and it seems to agitate just fine, however when the spin cycle starts at the very the belt moves maybe a quarter of an inch and then locks into place. No spinning, none, notta. Why? And what do I do to fix it? Thanks

View more questions Search