Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BethsBabbles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Credit Card Negotiations
    I am only 30 days or less behind on my credit cards and really want to get them back in order. I am trying like heck to negotiate with the companies but have one who refuses to budge referring me intstead to a debt management company ( most likely credit card company ran). I don't feel this step is necessary at this point since I am not even 60 day s behind and current on my other debts.

Any hints on how to negotiatie with a stubborn company? I have asked for re-aging and removal of fees for one billing cycle to no avail.

Thanks,
    Beth
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 19, 2007, 02:06 AM
    DO NOT GO TO A DEBT CONSOLIDATION COMPANY!
    If you are having real problems, take it to court and arrange a minimal repayment scheme;
    Tell the credit card company that you want your cards cancelled immediately and that you will offer to repay at a rate of -say - £10/$20 a month with NO INTEREST.

If they refuse, go to court. It might seem a bit scary, but the court will force the credit card company to accept a far better deal than they will offer you - don't let the credit card company intimidate you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a judgement by a credit card [ 5 Answers ]

What does it mean when a credit card company has a judgement against you?

Credit card sueing me. [ 11 Answers ]

I posted my original problem on sept 28th, I received answers from two very nice people. Well here is the continuations. I answered the complaint from the lawyers office. I stated I have written them and have been sending checks to them and they were cashed. I do have a court date of jan....

Credit card judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 credit card judgements against me and have recently filed for bankruptcy-do I need to file a motion to vacate these judgements or is it automatic with the discharge?

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search