Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reburbidge Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Feb 29, 2012, 11:28 PM
    Brand new heat pump,warm winter and my electric bill has more than doubled
    Put in brand new heat pump last march. Did not have to turn on heat till mid dec. Its been a warm winter with average temp between 35 and 37 degrees but 2cnd month in a row me electric bill is over $400. I did not pay that even with the old heat pump and much lower temp outside. I thought heat pumps were cheep to run above freezing. A friend of mine has a 20yo heat pump 2x the sq footage and a hot tub on his roof and paid $136.00 last month. What should I check first 3ton carrier with puron R-410.a matching air handler, thermostat, back up heat.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2012, 11:48 PM
    What city are you in? That does not sound right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My landlord has two rental units on the same heat bill and electric bill. [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal for him to charge utilities on an estimated percentage of use? This is in Pennsylvania.

Can you completely cover a two stage heat pump with a tarp during the winter? [ 2 Answers ]

We live in Minnesota and my husband completely covered our heat pump to keep the snow off it. Can this be good?

Why high winter electric bills with heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I live in NC and have a 5 year old heat pump. During the winter months my electric bill sky rockets, my Dec/Jan bill... over $500. I switched my thermo to aux. heat hoping it would help but am scared that it might just make it worse and I will have an even higher elec bill next month. I laid...

Heat Pump Not Working (Chef Brand?) Is Very Old [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a replacement motor for a?? Chef heat pump? A technician told us the motor is gone, but unit is very old and company out of bus and no replacement parts. I only find (something) cef as a brand, no model/parts# /serial#. Do I need to replace the whole heat pump, or is there a replacement...

View more questions Search