Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrenLiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
    When I turn my kitchen mixer tap on it is very stiff when I turn it from hot to cold
    When I turn my kitchen mixer tap on it is very stiff. When I want to turn it to run cold it is very difficult to move and water has now started to come out halfway up the tap not the water outlet. This only happens when I turn it towards the cold water. When I run the hot water the water supply seems slow. I have tried WD40 on the tap. Do I need to get a plumber in. Sorry I'm not much good at DIY but will have a go if you think it is easily do-able. Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 28, 2012, 11:08 AM
    It would really help if we had a picture of your mixer or a brand/model of it. Single handle kitchen faucets are most frequently a cartrdige or ball valve. Yours may need replacing of some plumbers grease. Can't be more specific without info on the faucet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I turn my mixer tap on in my bathroom my kitchen tap runs could it need a valve [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my mixer tap on in my bathroom my kitchen mixer tap runs could it need a valve fitting

No hot water coming from kitchen mixer tap but there is cold water coming out. [ 3 Answers ]

It is -13c outside not sure if that has anything to do with my problem. This morning I turned on the hot water tap and nothing. Turned on the cold got some. It's a reasonably new mixer tap. The central heating has been on all night, the shower is working and so too is the downstairs WC hot water...

Cold water OK in kitchen tap but no hot -mixer tap [ 3 Answers ]

No problems with tap which is a mixer in kitchen, suddenly no hot water but cold water coming out OK. Could this be a build up of lime? And how can I fix it?

When I turn on the hot tap the water runs hot then cold hot then cold [ 0 Answers ]

When I run the hot tap, the water runs hot then cold, hot then cold. The boiler ignites when the tap is turned on but then goes off and on, off and on while the tap is running. I have a ravenheat LS80(T) combi boiler

Thermostatic shower ony works when I turn on an off the bath mixer tap? [ 4 Answers ]

I changed a like for like thermostatic shower which is powered by a pump. However when I switch on the new shower the pump does not kick in, unless I turn on and off either the bath or basin taps? Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

View more questions Search