Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    secsip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 12:34 PM
    How do I control my Berserk/blind rage syndrome?
    I have Berserk/blind rage syndrome. All I know is that when a person hits me or touches me when I am upset I just snap. When I snap I lose control of myself. I can see, hear, or feel. My strength goes throe the roof and I only attack the person or thing that set me of. How do I control that.
    Stompystomp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 05:53 AM
    Hello my fellow person!

I know full well what you're describing. For my entire childhood and a long way into my adult life, I experienced the same things. Sometimes I wouldn't remember what I did for a certain amount of time after I snapped and just woke up somewhere else, but as I learned to control it and feel when it was creeping up on me, I started to be able to see what happened, but it was as if my body wasn't controlled by me. Years later, I have now learned not to control it, but to keep it down and I know when I need to go away from a specific situation to not snap completely.

How did I get where I am today? Well, it all started back when I was 12. The school psychiatrist told me to start counting to 10 whenever I was about to get mad. It was really hard at first, and most times I never got farther than 3 or 4, especially because some of the other kids started making fun of my counting, but soon it got better, and I was able to reach 10. Sometimes I needed to count further or just start walking away whilst I was counting. When I turned 16, I was almost able to control it. I didn't need to count out loud anymore, and I was able to avoid situations where it might happen. However, now that I am almost 21, the counting doesn't seem to work anymore, and it doesn't take much to make me snap. I have managed to walk away from people this far, but I most definitely have to stay away from alcohol. If I get even a little drunk, I really need to have my oldest friends around because only they know how to calm me down, and I love them for it.

My advice to you: Tell your closest friends about your condition. Let them help you out. Find a way to increase your own patience, and for the love of God learn when to walk away from a sticky situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet goes berserk randomly [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My toilet works fine normally except some days when brown residue will flow into my toilet and reside in the toilet bowl. When I flush it away, the water level goes down, rises, and takes a few seconds to go back to the normal level. Sometimes, some of the residue does not get flushed away...

What's with the rage? [ 3 Answers ]

So I have just started playing basketball again at my school after not playing for a year due to an injury. When I use to play, I would get very frustrated with myself but was over it in a few hours. Now, its like every time I do something wrong (even if its not my fault) I get so angry that I...

The blind leading the blind [ 16 Answers ]

Whether you are for or against the bail outs, one has to wonder how can Washington possibly pull any industry out of the mud when they can't even balance their own books? Do we even have any real plan to pay down the national debt? How long can our nation survive on borrowed time? The simple...

Computer gone berserk [ 4 Answers ]

We own an e-mac that's quite a few years old now. My daughter's friend slammed her hands down on the keyboard yesterday and now each time you press a key, it talks, repeating every letter after its pressed. She has obviously hit a series of commands to make this happen... does anyone know how...

Sony Laptop keyboard gone berserk [ 3 Answers ]

It intermittenly types letters and numbers that I don't tap. It also will type words out of the sequence in which I typed them. Bizarre. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this?

View more questions Search