Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flipdog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Gas boiler pilot on but burner will not light?
    Is it possible that themocouple is weak and keeping pilot light lit but not allowing gas valve to open
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Not likely. If the thermocouple were weak, the pilot would not stay lit. No happy medium with thermocouples, either they are good or bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My carrier gas furnace would not light up the pilot burner although sparks and gas is [ 0 Answers ]

My carrier gas furnace would not light up the pilot burner although sparks and gas is present. I've tried to light up the pilot burner with a gas grill light and it works.

Pilot light size on gas boiler. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 110k BTU peerless gas hw boiler, from 1990. For some reason I have become curious as to if the pilot size is normal as of late. One thing I have noticed is that you can hear it - Pffffffffffffffft (once you get about 2 feet from the boiler). Sounds kind of like a propane torch set...

Gas Fireplace main burner will not light, pilot is fine [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I've got my pilot to light no problem. Then I turn gas knob to "on" as per instructions. I "adjust" switch on thermostat on wall only to hear clicking noise coming from inside panel of fireplace but the main burner doesn't light (like it used to last winter). I believe it's the main...

Carrier Gas Furnace will not light pilot and burner [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier Gas Furnace Model#58GS will not light pilot/burner when turned on. I can hear and see the spark but it does not light up. It appears that no gas is coming through even though the control knob and manual shut off valve are turned on. I also cannot smell gas. Since it was easy, I...

Gas Water Heater burner/pilot light . [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, It has been a wild week. I had to travel 2 hours to a hospital because they thought my grandfather had an anyerism. Luckily he is still in the hospital but OK. But when I got home I had no hot water. Check and pilot light was out. Relit pilot OK. Turned thermostat knob up, burner...

View more questions Search