Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mail2h.jain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
    How safe is Femilon tablets? How does it affects conception?
    Hi I was reported an ovarian cyst after my pelvic scan.
    My gynae has prescribed me Femilon tablets for 21 days from the 1st day of my next period.
    How an oral contraceptive will help in this case?
    Will it affect my chances of conception in future?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Hi mail2h.jain... welcome to AMHD,

Cysts are often caused by hormone changes. Using birth control pills can sometimes help regulate hormone levels so that the cysts can be taken care of. Your gynae will likely want you to come back after you have been on the Femilon to see if the cyst is gone. At that time, the doctor may suggest you stop using the medication, or, if indicated, you may need to continue with it for a bit longer.

Once you stop the Femilon, as long as there are no medical concerns, you shouldn't have any problems with future conception. Many women will use birth control pills for purposes other than preventing pregnancy. Then they stop taking them when they want to conceive.
    sappu68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 08:38 AM
    My daughter 15 year is not getting her period regular. She even get her period twice in a month with the gap of only 15, 16 days and have painful period. Her doctor prescribed her femilon. But femilon is a contraceptive I believe. Is it Ok? Please somebody advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Femilon tablets [ 0 Answers ]

I had sex wit my partner and I started to take femilon tablets from the 2nd day. How long am I suppose to continue to take the tablets? And its actually time for me to get my regular mensuration cycle? We are not planning for getting pregnant right now.

Will femilon affects my conceiving? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello doctor I'm 23 married in July 2008 and as I was studying when I got married so I used femilon for 2 months and stopped after 2 months as I want to conceive but from then I didn't get pregnant till now so I'm bothered will I be pregnant ? Or not because I heard that oral contraceptives can...

Is it safe to take Robitussin PE and Motrin Ibuprofen Tablets? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it safe to take Robitussin PE and Motrin Ibuprofen Tablets? At the same time? I want to take both but I'm not sure if it is unsafe? Ty

Does masterbating(fingering)affects conception? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a medical abortion of32 days pregnancy as my husband and me didn't want.but now we want . But my cycle period has increased from 32 days to 36 days.my first day of mensturation was 3 oct2007.I did pregnancy test today but it came negative. Tell does fingering after intercourse decreases...

Pre conception tablets [ 5 Answers ]

OK I was given a prescription by my gyn called precare conceive. The bottle says that it provides essential nutrients important at the time of conception. I guess its like a prenatal but you take it before conception, to make sure your body has the necessary vitamins before getting pregnant I...

View more questions Search