Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StevenOnHiatus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Want a swiss passport
    I was born in the USA, my dad was born in Switzerland. Can I get dual citizenship or a Swiss passport?
    Joekinston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Yes! You can get a Swiss Passport, Making you a dual citizen of both USA and Switzerland if your Dad who was born in Swiss has a Swiss citizenship. This means that either or both of his parents were Swiss. The law in Switzerland does not make a person an Automatic citizen by virture of being born in Swiss, unlike in USA. My dear, find out from your Dad if he is a Swiss citizen. If he is, then go to to the nearest Swiss embassy to you and file in the paper work...
    Regards!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US/Swiss Dual Citizenship [ 4 Answers ]

I am travelling to Brazil in a few weeks. I am wondering if I can enter and exit the US on a US passport but use the Swiss passport to enter and exit Brazil. I ask because Brazil does not require the application for a tourist visa from Swiss citizens, but it does require a visa for US citizens. ...

Have anyone use swiss whiten pill? [ 2 Answers ]

Did anyone ever use swiss whiten pill or know some one who did?. the site is www.skinbleaching.net if you know can you please let me know At [email protected] Thanks :confused:

Swiss Guard [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am American and have an interest in joining the Swiss Guard at the Vatican. I have visited all the websites that have information about the Guard and the Swiss citizenship laws. I was wondring if anyone here could tell me more about the Swiss Guard than the simple criteria posted on : ...

Swiss Citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering how hard it is to obtain a Swiss citizenship, if you are not born there and don't have family members there. How long does it take? Is it ture you have to live there for 12 years before you can even apply? Is there a more quick way, like joining the military or something?...

Urgent Need For Help for Passport for people with Dual US/Swiss Citizenship! [ 2 Answers ]

I am traveling to Mexico in about a month (February 15th, 2006) and I have dual citizenship (Swiss and US). I've never traveled outside of the country except for my Swiss birth 20 years ago. How do I go about getting a passport and would I use a Swiss passport or US passport? I am totally lost on...

View more questions Search