Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    filsan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
    I want to have a baby with my ex husband but he smokes cannabis will the baby be OK?
    I want to find out if the baby will have any complications because of him smoking?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2012, 12:27 PM
    I doubt the baby will be raised OK.

1. you want a baby by a man you are no longer with ( a ex)
    2. you want a baby by a man you know is using drugs
    3. Your only worry is that his drug use could effect the child

There is serious issues I see about maturity to raise a child, so my opinion is that the child will have issues being raised in this environment.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2012, 03:30 PM
    As far as medically, what the male takes into his body is not transferred to you or the baby at all.

But I think you should seriously reconsider this relationship.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2012, 05:25 PM
    I agree with both posters. However, what the male takes in can effect the health of his sperm, which may have an effect... as well as play a role in his ability to conceive. To insure a healthy pregnancy and baby, both partners should do their best to be as healthy as possible prior to conception.

Will he be involved in raising this child? Will he be involved in your pregnancy? Will he continue to smoke cannabis when in your or your child's presence?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandmother chain smokes cannabis - are her children and grandchildren in danger? [ 31 Answers ]

My ex-partners mother smokes around 30 cannbis joints a day. She has 4 children under 5 and I am worried about their welfare. She chooses to buy her drugs instead of things for them. Also,I am worried when my partner takes our son to see her - she is a bad role-model for him. Should I report her to...

I'm 15 and pregnant my babs father smokes weed who would get coustody of my baby [ 12 Answers ]

Well I'm 15 years old and I'm pregnant the baby's father is 22 but he smokes pot and I really don't want my baby girl around that his whole familys crazy sister is always in the street &his mom tried to kill herself so many times and his brother has 2 kids but there both bad 1 goes around asking...

My husband and I would like to have our baby in southafrica,what will be our baby [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I would like to have our baby in southafrica,but we are from westafrica what would be my baby status?is he going to be recongnised as citizen? Thanks and hope to get a reply soon. Mrs winn

My husband had a baby in high school and the girl gave the baby up for adoption. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a baby in high school the girl gave the baby boy up for adoption in Dec 1979 in glendale AZ. We have five boys and would like to see if we can locate him.

View more questions Search