Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philiose Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 01:11 PM
    1994 Camry AC light gone wild...
    My parents were "nice" enough to drive a '94 Toyota Camry (2.2, 4 cyl.) down from Maryland to Orlando, FL. Seven hundred dollars later in repairs, I'm having another problem - the AC indicator light is blinking. Sometimes it takes a minute or two to go from solid green to blinking, but the air isn't very cold when it's solid. I've read that a slipping belt could be the culprit - lots of moisture under the hood as there have been major overheating issues and "repairs". By the way, should both fans at the radiator come on when you turn the key on? I have a feeling the mechanic jumpered something to keep them running all the time...

Thanks.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2012, 08:05 PM
    The fans should NOT be on unless starting up under very hot conditions. Sounds like the temp sensor has been unplugged.
    There's a rotational sensor on the compressor that detects slippage.
    Could be the belt, or a worn compressor clutch. This would explain the warm air out of vents and blinking light.
    It's very difficult to diagnose ac problems unless I'm leaning over the fender, and having some pressure gauges in my hand.
    On a hunch, I'd say the compressor is shot. Good news is at denso.com you can get a re manufactured one that's easy on the wallet. Installation should be about an hour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 toyota camry no spark [ 7 Answers ]

Last week my 1994 toyota 4 cyl. Camry died while on the road. It was having intermitent stalling problem during idle before failing last week and I was driving it like a stick shift pushing it into neutral at lights. I figured I'll drive it like that until the problem gets so bad it fails all...

Sensor location camry 1994 [ 1 Answers ]

Which sensor (bank 1 sensor 2 ) for v6 camry 1994... up or down o2 sensor??

1994 toyota camry no spark [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1994 Toyota Camry with a 2.2L 4cyl. That was running like a top right up until it died last week. I have checked the fuel system. It appears that I am getting plenty of fuel. Checking the plugs shows that I am not getting any spark. I have checked the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. All...

Camry v6 1994 overheats [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the fuses for the fan and coolant temp switch locate in the engine compartment? Please assist me to check for the overheayed car.

1994 toyota camry 4 cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

How to bypass a/c compressor to altenator on 1994 toyota camry 4 cylinder

View more questions Search