Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ken1959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Normal breaker size in house
    What is a normal breaker size ? And how many runs can you have off one breaker ?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2007, 11:49 AM
    I will assume "normal" means typical. Most circuits can be general purpose lighting circuits, and can be either 15 or 20 amps. Small appliance circuits are always 20 amp. Major appliance circuits can be either 30, 40 or 50 amps.

Not sure if this helps you or answers your question. Why do you ask?

What do you mean by "runs"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change circuit breaker for part of house [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I am looking for info on how to change the circuit breaker that runs the front end of my house; i.e.. Bedroom, livingroom and front garage. It is a little black box with a 15 on it :) please help. Never realized how dependent we are on our appliances until now How do I change the little...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

Power in part of house goes dead w/out triping breaker [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, great site, use it more than I thought I would. Question: The electricity in part of my house will go dead without tripping the breaker for those rooms and then will come back on within 30-60sec by itself, lights have been dimming as if a dip in voltage has occurred. Thanks Gbrown

WHAT IS A GFI breaker and where can I find it in my house [ 2 Answers ]

My outdoor outlet with xmas light went out last night when it rained. They lights will work in my indoor outlets. I cannot find a labeled breaker in the breaker box. An earlier post mentioned a GFI breaker might be the issue. What is a GFI and where would I find it? J

Wire size in a 100 amp breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if a 2/0 wire will fit in a siemens 100 breaker? Thanks for your help

View more questions Search