Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davethesave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 06:32 PM
    I moved my expansion tank 35 feet from crawl space to basement. I was told to either
    I moved my expansion tank 35 feet from crawl space to basement. I was told to either move the pressure switch to where the tank is now or buy a buffer tank to put by the existing switch. What size buffer tank do I need?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Honestly, I'd try it first without installing anything. Then, if necessary, I'd just move the switch. Fairly simply undertaking.

As far as a buffer tank, I'm not familiar with that approach, but I would think a fairly small (10 gallon of so) bladder tank would do the job.
    davethesave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
    I agree it is easier and cheaper in the short and long haul to move the electricity and switch. I just have to drill through the cinder block one more time to get the power into the basement. Thanks for the info

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a gas pipe needing to be moved in crawl space. [ 2 Answers ]

The gas pipe for the stove is 4 inchs away from the wall. The stove is also sticking out 4 inches. I went in the crawl and looked it looks like if I loosen the holding brackets and move it a bit I can get it done with out having to run new pipe. I thought move it with out applying any...

Girlfriend told me she needs space and moved out [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for just about 3 years now, I moved in with her and her mom as my parents left the country, we were just about getting into a relationship when I moved in, after 2 years being brilliant together, never arguing, enjoying being with each other and being in love we...

Crawl space [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I'm from Ontario Canada. I bought a house last July, it's approx. 55 ft by 40 ft with a crawl space of 16 inches in height. There is 2 windows (screens) at each end of the 55 ft length and I was told by the owner to block the windows with styrofoam to keep it warm during the winter time so...

Sewage smell in basement and in bathrooms above crawl space [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house (no septic) approximately 6 months ago and right away had some issues. The house had been rehabed/flipped and about 2 weeks after we moved in water started coming up all the drains in the bathrooms (which are over the craw space). We called a plumber who checked the sewer...

View more questions Search