Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allkreatures Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Claw foot tub plumbing
    I have a standard tub in my bathroom and regular behind the walls plumbing what willl need to be done to change it to plumbing for a CFT? And what might it cost? What is the standard procedure for switching this plumbing around? Any help at all is greatly appreciated:confused:
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 04:25 PM
    It really depends on just how fancy you want to get with it.

As far as what is available, try this site.

Retrofitting a CFT into a former framed in tub space isn't all that difficult, the wall and floor at the head of the tub will need to be opened up to move the trap and water supplies to their new location - the difficulty level of this task is dictated by the materials being moved and tied-into; galvanized, copper, plastic etc.

A note of caution regarding the tub/shower valve you decide on - Plumbing code has changed quite a bit since CFT's were first put into common use.

Most of the really authentic looking valves violate the 1-1/2" minimum 'air-gap' code requirement -- The outlet of the tub spout must be at least an 1-1/2 above the top of the tub to prevent the possibility of cross contamination of the potable water supply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot tub plumbing and wiring [ 3 Answers ]

To make a long story short. In the process of my divorce our hot tub popped a breaker and froze up. I had the pump fixed but the person that took everything apart can not remember how to put every thing back together. It is an old hot tub so I can not find a name on it to get any kind of...

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Replacing old tub with claw foot tub on a slab [ 6 Answers ]

I'm thinking of replacing an old tub (american standard recessed tub) with a new claw foot tub. The only part I think I may have trouble with is connecting the drain. I don't think the drain line in the floor will be where it needs to be for the new tub. I am on a slab and wonder how they set...

Tub Drain Leak under foot [ 14 Answers ]

I have a upstairs tub, which is structurally sound, and the wall around it (tile) appears to be in good condition, and the grout looks excellent. However, every now and then, the ceiling below gets water. I can't quite figure it out, because it seems to happen somewhat randomly. For example, it...

New plumbing for whirlpool tub [ 3 Answers ]

We just installed a whirlpool tub. We put all new plumbing in for the new tub and now we are having trouble with the water pressure on the cold side. Anyone have any answers?? Thanks

View more questions Search