Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grinner Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Diet/Feeding for kittens
    I have three male kittens that are now ten months old. I've been feeding the boys quite a lot and when they were weighed at the vets yesterday for deworming meds they were 11, 9.4 & 9.1 pounds.

Is this too much for that age? Their dad (feral tom who hangs around outside is a pretty big fella, the mum is a tiny little thing). I thought that you fed kittens quite a lot for the first year then scaled back. I give them all a whole small can of quality wet food with biscuits spread into two feedings a day as well as a separate bowl of biscuits to crunch on.

Do you think I should reduce to one feeding a day and not have anything for snacking left out? Willie, the 11.4 fatty, will find it tough to diet!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Grinner, what did your vet say to you about their weight? My suggestion is, since your vet has examined them, please give him a call and ask him for his recommendations on what you should be feeding them, how many times a day, and how much of a portion for each. Most vets don't charge for phone calls. Especially when it is a follow up to a visit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Am I feeding my baby too much? [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 months today. I am still breastfeeding at least 5 times a day and she is also on solids. Since she has been 6 months, she eats 3 meals a day of solids. She normally has at least two Stage 2 jars plus small amount of cereal at each feeding (most of the time). Many times she acts...

Feeding new born pup [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, hope someone can help please. My daughters staff has just given birth on Sunday evening, after four hours of labour she had 8 pups, all well except the last one which we did not really notice for the first couple of days,she is so tiny and when I picked her up to my astonishment she has no...

Feeding 2 week old puppies! [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, Are beagle had puppies just about 2 weeks ago, 2 really good size a 1 a runt. We have been bottle feeding them since the first day , cause are beagle had a C-secntion and we did not want to put her more pain.. I was wondering at what age can they drink/eat on there own... AND

Feeding 2 dashchund puppies [ 6 Answers ]

:D We just got two 8 weeks old brother and sister doxies, I'm a little confused as to how much to feed them. The breeder said to feed them two times a day, but I didn't catch how much and she is out of town for a week. We are feeding them Purina Puppy Chow and a little Avoderm. This is what the...

View more questions Search