Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunflower_girl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2004, 07:25 AM
    Choosing the right uni course
    Hi. I have just received my A level results (qualifications that lead to university for those non-UK people out there) and they were not what I had expected. I got BBC bit needed to get AAB to secure my place to do Optometry at Cardiff University. I am going to retake my A levels to get the right grades but I'm now unsure if Optometry is what I am meant to be doing with my life. And if it isn't then what is it I am suppose to do? Know one can answer that question for me, but I am so confused. I'm thinking of perhaps dentistry or medicine but am I really clever enough? Never really knew what I have wanted to do with my life but I do know that I want to do a vocational course which leads to a job at the end of it. But I also want to enjoy it. I Just don't know what to do. Some wise helpful words would be nice. I've spoken to my parents other members of my family, career advisers and teachers from my school. Doing so hasn't made me decide though. I'm hoping someone out there may just say the right things to me so please answer my question and help me with my life!
    K_L_Schofield Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2004, 12:17 PM
    Hello
    The most important thing in terms of your career is job satisfaction. Don't give up on a career plan because you think it might be beyond your abilities - you can't know until you try! If you're fortunate enough to have the opportunity to choose what you do with your life, make sure it's something you enjoy. Decide what means most to you about a job - making money, new experiences, helping people, learning things etc. and choose the job accordingly. Also, remember you don't have to get it right the first time - if you try a course or job that doesn't work for you, you have your entire life to do something different and change it. There are lots of opportunities out there as long as you're motivated to get them! That isn't saying things can't go wrong, and there will be risks whatever you choose, but what it comes down to is whether you enjoy what you're doing and whether you'll be able to make changes easily later, if not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search