Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 11:06 AM
    Stolen Military ID
    Hi all I have just had the supreme luck of having my military ID stolen (US). My dad is reporting it stolen this Friday but the problem is I can't get a new one anytime soon as I'm at school in a country with no US bases and the form they give for renewal expires in 90 days. Does anyone know if I can extend the 90 day limit?

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Extend the 90 day limit for renewal? The US Military would have that answer.

You have US military ID that expires every 90 days?
    Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 02:06 PM
    No my card was stolen and once it's reported as stolen they give you paperwork so you can get a new one... but it has to be done within 90 days. I don't have a time or place within the next 90 days.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Okay. I understand. Back to asking the Military what to do in this situation - they must have heard it before.
    Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 06:04 AM
    lol you must of never worked with the civilians in the military ID office (they're incompetent). It can take 4+ hours just to get a new card and sometimes you have to go more than once because they look for any reason to postpone making a new one. Asking them a question is like asking a rock.
    Thanks though!!
    =-)
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Actually I did work for the Feds - apparnetly I was one of those incompetent rocks.

Is there no Military "office" where you are or is there one and they are simply slow to act?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2012, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    I don't have a time or place within the next 90 days.
    Hello G:

Seems to me that filling out the form and sending it by CERTIFIED mail would work. That's got to be as easy as sending a request for more time.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 09:27 AM
    So why do you need the ID, if there are no bases near you and you are going to school. You will have your passport as a ID, and just use it till you ever have time to return and get a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military to Military Marriage Different Home of Records [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both are active duty military and we have two different "Home of Records". My husband is a NC resident and I am a TN resident (no state tax) I am trying to file MFJ for federal. Everything went well until I went to file state taxes for him. How do I do this? Can I file federal...

Stolen property [ 26 Answers ]

My friend stole a lawn mower worth 2 grand one night dropped it off in the woods to pick it up the next day I had no idea about this at all they used my truck by the way the next day I woke up early from where we were at and left he called me an hour later and said he needed a ride home so I went...

Stolen car [ 4 Answers ]

I am a victim of buying a stolen car and now the insurer is offering me to buy the car of them. they say it won't be recorded but it shows on HPI check I was wondring if they do not an obligation to sell me the car( as they always say it) then why are they not negotiating over the price?( they...

Stolen car [ 3 Answers ]

My car was stolen is there somewhere I can access NCIC to see if it was posted having Problems getting in touch with the police officer that took the report.

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search