Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jostes77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 01:23 AM
    Ford F250 SD 7.3L turbo
    How Common Is it to have the turbo go bad and at what mileage does it commonly occur
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Very common, especially if you don't use full synthetic heavy duty diesel engine oil. To answer your question, I'd say around 80,000 miles. My experience has been that if you don't use full synthetic HDDO, it's just a matter of time, not if, before the turbo fails--usually sooner than later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford f250 turbo diesel glow plugs how do I test glow plugs? [ 7 Answers ]

How do I test glow plugs?

Erratic Transmission shifting 6.0 litre turbo diesel 2004 Ford F250 [ 3 Answers ]

Has any one experienced any trouble with the transmission on a 2004 Ford F-250 6.0 litre turbo diesel HD edition. The transmission gauge goes dead and the check gauge light on the instrument cluster illuminates. The tow / haul light illuminates and flashes. The check engine light illuminates and...

2004 F250 turbo problems [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 2004 turbo diesel with 36,000 miles. Low use truck primarily for towing 2-H gooseneck. In the past 6 months we've had new tires put on, violent shaking resulting in the GCR (?) valve being replaced, and then tire rods. Truck makes a "barking" sound when coming to the top of the hill...

2001 Ford F250 Turbo Diesel Mechanical problems [ 3 Answers ]

4X4 problem, seems like a switch or fuse or relay switch. Recent trip and it will not engage.

View more questions Search