Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meront Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Solving chemical reaction
    I need easy way of solving chemical reaction I did not quite understand how to for example

Mg+AgNO3 → Ag + Mg(NO3)2
    Can you please break it down when you balance this reaction please how you balance it?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2007, 11:33 AM
    There are 2 NO3 on the right, so we need 2 NO3 on the left, so we put a 2 in front of AgNO3. Now there are 2 Ag on the left so we need 2 Ag on the right so we put 2Ag.

Now we have Mg + 2AgNO3 --> 2Ag + Mg(NO3)2

You can see that there is 1Mg, 2Ag and 2NO3 on both sides, so it is balanced. For harder questions you may need to split the NO3 into N and 3O, but here you could treat it as a single unit because the only N and O on each side was in NO3 lumps.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solving Functions [ 5 Answers ]

Knowing f(x)=x^2+x and g(x)=2x+1 how would you solve f(g(x)) and (g (circle) f)(4)?? How do you determine the f^(-1) of f(x)=3x-2? Is x+2/3 correct? Thanks

Chemical reaction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Here is my question We have aqous solution of NaOH and Fe(No3)2 are mixed a red ppt form Fe3+ + 3OH- -------- Fe(oH)3 What is mass of ppt when 50ml of .2M Ba(oH)2 mixed with an excess of .125 M Fe(No3) Please reply me asap

Iodine clock chemical reaction [ 4 Answers ]

In our chem lab we're doing an iodine clock experiment. I need help with my equation KIO3 + NaHSO3 + starch --->? I'm pretty sure I2 is produced but I'm not sure of anything else. I need a molecular equation and a net ionic equation. Please help! Thanks

Solving for m and b [ 5 Answers ]

How would you break down these equations to solve for m and b? 9=-3m+b 4=-m+b Thank you.

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search