Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dwenabing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 03:53 AM
    My Husband Texts A Female Friend And I Don't Know How To Deal With It.
    My husband has a female friend, she's a referee like my husband, they have been texting most days a lot. He has said they are just friends, and talk a lot about football, and reffing and have a laugh!! It came between us at Christmas, and I got really upset. He has shown me most of the texts, and not a lot for me to suspect anything is going on, but I don't know what might happen in the future. She's 20 years younger than my husband, and he as said he's not interested in her in that way. Please help me feel OK about this, and stop feeling jealous.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 27, 2012, 04:10 AM
    Having a spouse who has a career friend is a tough call, because it can go either way. But you have to ask yourself if you might end up driving him away by suspicion and jealousy. Tell us: is the REST of your relationship good? Therein lies the answer, I think. If it's all pretty good except for the usual little arguments here and there - if affection is still there, communication, respect, enjoyment of each other - then let it go. But I might lay down a rule or two, and be very forthright about how it's for peace of mind and fairness. And ask him to really think about how he would feel if you started doing the same thing with some guy. And a woman 20 years younger would most certainly be cause for concern by any wife, regardless of what he says he feels. She might have some very clever ways of getting him away from you all planned out. I might even be inclined to have a bunch of people over for a sports event on TV and invite her, just to find out a little more about what she's like. If he gets all uncomfortable about inviting her, that might be a sign that maybe this needs more of a lid on it.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 27, 2012, 06:22 AM
    I see no need for your husband, and another woman, to be texting each other every single day.

They are referees, which is the common denominator, but when the game ends, so too should the texts.

It is inappropriate in my opinion, for a married man, to be texting any other female but you, unless it is WORK related, and only then, when the call is an emergency.

I would nip this one in the bud. I love Joy's answer. We've both been here long enough to know that texting is all too often the start of something more.

Flush her out. Do the sports night, and you invite her. That should send a strong message.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
    Is it one or two texts a day, or is it many times a day. I agree tell him it ends now, period. My wife would have a simple answer, she would have thrown the phone to the floor and stomped on it about the 2nd text.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 03:07 PM
    The rule in my house is family friends only, so if she can't be a family friend, then she is out of luck. You are supposed to be wary of strangers. Period. Meet her, or he loses her, that simple.
    vectra619 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 29, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Same happened to me, my wife was txting an old friend, I found out, I asked her about it, she said there is nothing going on and there was nothing wrong in doing it, Everyone I asked said the same, it all comes down to trust and I realise that now. I am now living else where lmao. I hope to be back home soon will my wife and 3 wonderful kids :'(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I deal with my husband's female friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all, I am in a bit of a weird place. My husband has a female friend that he has known for about a year now. He started talking to her on the internet and eight months later we ended up moving to her town and we now live on her street (about 3 houses down from her). Point is, my husband has...

Husband, female friend [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married about a year now and have a daughter together. He is a very spiritual person and is very into loving thy neighbor and being friends with everyone. All of his male friends live over two hours away and they never really see each other. I am kind of a jealous person....

Husband has female friend [ 18 Answers ]

I need help! I need to know if I am being ridiculous for worrying about this or if I have any real concerns... I know that I am a jealous person by nature... I love my husband, and don't like him getting close with other women. He does have a few female friends from before we became married...

My husband has his friend over ower home for days and days. I do not like this man [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has his friend over ower home for days at a time. I tell my husband, I don't like his friend sleeping in my famliyroom. I get up in the mornings and there he is.I do not like this man at all. He has know job, he has three kids and don't pay for them. My husband knows I don't like him, so...

My husband has a female friend [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I am very new to all of this and will soon be celebrating my first anniversary. I have recently learned that my husband has a female coworker that he converses with a lot more than I knew. He told me that it all started when I went into a depression after tearing my acl at work and that he...

View more questions Search