Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kawaheed Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Jeep Crankshaft Position Sensor
    What is the operating voltage for Crankshaft Position Sensor on a 1994 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl AUTO? Is it the same for different year model, such as 1997 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl MANUAL? I am doing a tranny swap and hence the question.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 07:25 AM
    The actual voltage is not a factor. Reading the notches correctly is.
    You're replacing the bellhousing as well as the flywheel (right?) and need to make certain the new sensor can read the crank angle notches, plus make sure the harness connector is interchangeable, too.
    How are you mounting the clutch pedal, etc?
    That's a lot of re-engineering!
    kawaheed Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Yep, it is a project! I sourced complete set of parts from a fellow jeeper who went the other direction and replaced his manual to an automatic. So I have the tranny, bell housing, flywheel, hydraulics, pedal assy, etc. The parts come from a 1997 TJ and I want to make sure the CPS would work on my 1994 YJ harness (supply voltage). I know the connector is different on the CPS, so I was going to splice the connectors as long as the both CPS operate at same voltage. Yeah, I could have sold my jeep and bought a manual one, but it has been in the family since new and with only 30K miles on it. That is pretty rare for a 1994 model. Only down side from a personal preference is the tranny, hence my project.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nissan Frontier crankshaft position sensor replacement? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello All, First time here, hope someone can help me, and I look forward to assisting others in the future. I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier with a 3.3L V-6, automatic transmission. Recently, it has a problem. The truck starts fine, idles and runs OK for the first 10 minutes, but after that it...

Changing crankshaft position sensor on 02 frontier 3.3 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier with a V6 3.3 litre manual 5 spd. Transmission. The scanner show the code for a faulty sensor. How do I change the sensor?

1997 chevy cav. Crankshaft position sensor change [ 1 Answers ]

Can we see a diagram that would help with this?

View more questions Search