Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pixie2674 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2004, 11:05 PM
    Step parent
    Does anybody know anything about step parents rights? Do we have any? Where do I look to find out more?
    j25has Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2004, 02:56 PM
    Step parent rights
    As far as I know, for Maryland anyway, the answer is yes and no. My husband is a stepdad to my son, and before we were married I inquired about this same thing. I was told by an attorney that in the case of death of the custodial parent, the step parent has the right to fight for custody if of course they can prove the other parent unfit and/or there is no other family fighting for custody.
    When it comes to everyday life of a minor child, who lives in the home, the step parent is viewed as a guardian. For example, school, doctor office, emergency room etc...
    In my experiences, it's never come up. It really isn't anyone's biz, you know. I hope all is well for you and your family. I hope I gave you some insight.
    Happy Holidays! j25has

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent adoption [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter got pregnant by someone she doesn't want to be with. During her pregnancy she married a man and he wants to be the father of the baby. The bio father has said to leave him alone. We were told that since she was married at the time of the birth that the babies last name will be the...

Death of a parent [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 yrs old and I keep thinking about my mom. She keeps getting sick and isn't taklin care of her heal and when I do tell her to go to the gym or go walking she just yelles at me. I lost my dad when I was 5 and I don't want my mom to go. Now a days I've been thinking a lot of her goinng a way. I...

Parent Company [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out who is the parent company of American eagle Outfitters and what all do they own, but in general how would I get that info? Thanks

View more questions Search