Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxHeartlessxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 10:05 PM
    What should I do about my suicidal, manipulative ex?
    I'm a sophomore (15) and he's a junior (16). We only dated for two weeks, but he was moving too fast emotionally. I broke up with him for his benefit since I could never love him the way he loved me. He was already saying he loved me and that I was the best thing in his life and he was complaining about everything to me - I felt like his mom. Anyway, I did it at school (but still where we were alone). Apparently, he made a scene in the hall and word has gone 'round the school about it. I made the mistake of going to lunch (the only time we ever had together) today and he talked endlessly about suicide and cutting. He's talked about it before, but he hadn't while we were dating and he hadn't gone into so much detail (pills, having friends come to his house to stop him from killing himself). I had to leave. What was really irritating was that it seemed staged - his own best friend insulted him about the cutting and was doing a terrible job of acting. I figured out then that he was just using this to guilt me into getting back together with him, which pissed me off since I'm already ready to move on and he knows that a year ago, I was also in that position of self-harm and suicidal thoughts. I feel like he's taking advantage of my compulsion to help and feel sorry for people so I'll get back together with him. I went to the school counselor about it (from whom I found out that he made a big enough scene the other day to attract the attention of the entire administration - all over a two week relationship!) and I ended up having to give his name over so his counselor could talk to him. Problem solved, right? Wrong.

I'm extremely scared that if he sees me, he'll lash out at me. It should be confidential, but I'm the only person he knows that would refer him to the counselors, so he'll know it was me. I'm also afraid that he'll actually commit suicide since he's attempted over thirty times. And when I was dating him, the marks on his arm were fading away, but now they're new and red and puffy - I feel like it's because of me. I don't know what I should do; I feel like I've already messed things up enough.
    Stix2thaBrix Posts: 14, Reputation: -3

Jan 23, 2012, 10:10 PM
    Sounds like the boy needs serious counseling! Just try your best to stay away from him.. And he is only beating himself up and leaving marks for the attention. Nothing more. He thinks that is the way to go by scaring you into getting back with him. Trust me, you're not the first girl to deal with it and you won't be the last. My little sis went through the same thing
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Jan 25, 2012, 12:55 PM
    You are very well spoken to be as yound as you are. You seem really mature. I'll try to help.

First of all, anyone who has tried to commit suicide over thirty times doesn't really want to die. He wants you to feel guilty. Don't buy it. You are guilty of nothing more than trying to show care for another human being. DO NOT let him use that against you. I applaude your love of people, and I urge you to never, ever lose that. In today's world that is a rare commodity.

Second, your counselor will not give your name to anyone. That would be unethical. Also, you can't assume that he will automatically know that you are the informant (which, by moral obligation you should be). He's too wrapped up in himself to care anything about you. That may sound harsh, but I would bet on it. So don't lose one second of sleep over that.

Stay away from him. You cannot single-handedly fix him. Lesson #1: people cannot fix people who don't want to be fixed. You cannot bring him up to your level - he will drag you down to his. I guarantee it. Stay out of his life and don't let him into yours. If he threatens to harm himself then don't say a word to him. Just leave. You don't care anymore. His life means more to you than it does to him. That is not the way. In my humble opinion, you should consider moving on... and don't look back. God bless you, sweetheart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my 7 Year old so mean and manipulative? [ 20 Answers ]

My seven year old, beautiful and wonderful daughter is so mean. I do not know why. She is not mean to me or her Daddy, but she is extremely manipulative towards her little sister and brother. She will con them out of all their toys, drink their juice and then lie about it, and do things like this...

How can I overcome being manipulative? [ 17 Answers ]

I am a manipulative person... and I don't even realize I'm doing it at times. I want to overcome it. Where do I start? How can I root this behavior out of me? I take advantage of people's kindness--they feel good about themselves not realizing that I have "worked" them. It's shameful and I want...

My nan is manipulative [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have known and been round my nan all my life she was there when I was born and through the problems I have had.she was always a little manipulative and controlling and she never really new when to stop. I have 3 brothers and sisters (4,9 and 10) she has always looked after them...

Manipulative Daughter [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old daughter. I feel she is manipulating my life. She seems moody and arguementative at home, but when I see her with her friends, she seems really happy. A totally different person. Everything seems to be our fault, we are still held hostage for events in the past (whether they...

Manipulative, or offbase? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a little problem. My ex-girlfriend and I are pondering getting back together. Here's the skinny. We broke up about 2 months ago because I was feeling very neglected. She has a four year old child who is her world. Hear me out now. I know your children should be number one. I am absolutely...

View more questions Search