Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williamsonb4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Is my boyfriend or me sterile?
    Me and my boyfriend have been trying to concive. So every time we have sex he doesn't pull out. This has happened mor than 20 times & I'm still not pregnant. Does this mean one of us is sterile?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2012, 05:44 PM
    There can be many reasons you haven't conceived yet. There is no way for us to say whether sterility is the issue. You should be discussing this with your OB/Gyn who can order the proper tests.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 05:49 PM
    So you are tracking your fertile days, and have had sex over 20 times on just those days, being sure not to have sex prior to the fertile times to build up his sperm count more.

But while some and many people get pregnant the first time, many issues fall into this and some couples have to try over a year, and are having to track the best times to have sex.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2012, 06:10 PM
    Far too soon to worry about one of you being sterile. As was said, it can naturally take many months of trying before you become pregnant. Doctors usually don't even start initial fertility testing until you have been actively trying for at least a year. And actively trying means having already taken steps to determine when you are most likely to be ovulating in a cycle.

It would be wise to see your doctor for a preconception visit and discuss the various ways to get an idea of when you are most likely to ovulate. There are numerous ways from tracking cervical mucus, checking for cervical position changes, using an ovulation predictor test, tracking temperature changes, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

Is he sterile? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have ben sexually active for over 2 yrs now. We don't use protection, he just pulls out before he ejaculates. What are the chances I could get pregnant or is he sterile?

Is my boyfriend sterile? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for over 2 yrs now. We don't use any protection, we just use the withdrawl method. What are the chances I could get pregnant after all this time? Or is he sterile?

Am I Sterile [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hello. I'm very afraid that I will not be able to have kids. I'm young and I haven't seen an OBGYN for 2 years.Well I got the Depo shot once only about 3-4 years ago, ever since my period has been irregular and I never got that checked. I also had chlamedia(?) but got treated for it.. I...

I'm afraid I've become sterile [ 2 Answers ]

A few years ago, I was severely abused by my ex-boyfriend, and he punched me several times in the abdomen and chest, he killed our unborn baby, who was 5 months gestation, and put me in the hospital for 2 months. Now I'm with my husband, and we've been trying to get pregnant for over 1 year, I've...

View more questions Search