Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aeger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 03:43 PM
    XP HOME asking me to uninstall Hard drive after reinstall?
    I just reinstalled windows xp home on my PC... (updated, validated and running smooth) For some reason there is a remove hardware icon up in lower right hand corner now asking me to remove my hard drive. No way to cancel it out and there every time I reboot. It gives an option to select "WDC WD740GD-00FLC0" at location 0 and in its submenu "Generic volume- (C: )" and the only option it gives to deal with this is to "stop" the device to prepare it for removal. Anyone have an idea how to get rid of this? Thanks in advance :) It seems to be acting as if the hard drive is like a USB device of some sort which it is not.
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Feb 23, 2007, 07:05 PM
    SATA was designed with Hot Pluggable in mind so that drives can be changed/removed while a computer is running (never had the courage to try it myself tho). I think it is different depending on the chipset on your mainboard but perfectly normal, I know that it pops up on nvidia based chipsets you can try using different drivers sometimes it disappears if you use the Microsoft Drivers instead of the nvidia one. I have a Via Chipset and the newest drivers from the via website and have my drive not even listed in the removable storage display. If it bothers you just hide the icon via Task Bar Properties --> Customize --> and set always hide

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall/Reinstall... [ 2 Answers ]

First I install Coreldraw GS 12 the I decided to update it to Corel X3 but my PC begun to slow then I uninstalled the X3 and try to reinstall the CGS 12 but it won't let me it saz error in applying... :confused:

Hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

How do I transfer all the information from c drive to d drive?

Reinstall [ 2 Answers ]

?? Hi I need to know how I can re install comm.drv as I try to d/l games and a window pops up saying this is missing and needs to be re installed hope you can help thanks... >:(

Hard drive Capacity [ 3 Answers ]

?? I have Microsoft Windows XP operating system. I have a 40GB hard drive that shows only about 7GB capacity. How do I fix this problem without losing my data. I don't have a zip drive to backup everything. Please Help!?

View more questions Search