Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    lexi1113's Avatar
    lexi1113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 16, 2012, 11:03 PM
    14 year olds leaves from parent and step parent
    If my moma has a husband and they both physically and verbally abuse me and someone who knows what I am going through and care for me ask me did I want them to adopt me and I say yes can I get a restraining order on them and leave instead of putting them in jail
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,801, Reputation: 2674

    Jan 17, 2012, 03:41 AM
    Lexi it doesn't work that way. If you are being physically and verbally abused by anyone in your household you must report it at your school, and this person who knows, why haven't they reported this ?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jan 17, 2012, 04:30 AM
    First, you can't say yes to an adoption. Only a court can approve an adoption. Second, if someone offers to adopt they can be in trouble for parental interference.

    The proper and legal way to deal with this is to talk to a school counselor. They are usually required to report abuse to family services. Once an investigation starts, you and this other person can talk to your case worker about fostering you. Generally, agencies will prefer to place a child in a home that wants them. But they have to do an investigation first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent adoption in FL. Biological parent incarcerated and abandond [ 8 Answers ]

In Florida, trying to figure out how to go about having my husband (married 4 years) now adopt my two boys from a previous relationship (never married). We just found out that their biological dad is currently in prison in Oklahoma. He has been living in Oklahoma since 2008 (it is now almost 2012)...

When parent fails to maintain contact and support to child. Step parent adoption [ 3 Answers ]

My husband got sole custody of his son at 7 months because at 1 month old his biological mother spiral fractured his left femur and he 2 years old now. Im his step mother and his primary caregiver. I love him more than anything in the world like he was my own child and he calls me mom. I want to...

Custodian parent lives in PA but works in Texas. Kids stay home with Step-parent [ 8 Answers ]

The Father has physical custody but both parents share legal custody. Father never told Ex-wife about his new job in Texas. Step Mom is acting as custodial parent in the absence of the Father Mon-Fri Is Father in contempt? Shouldn't he have told the mom about leaving the kids and working in...

Step parent must pay child support when biological parent is unable to provide [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband is claiming that he does not have to pay child support because he does not work and has not work since 1998. Our two daughters however, up until 2 years ago lived with him and his new wife who is the sole provider of that family. So my question is even though he cannot pay since he...

Absent parent contesting step-parent adoption [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is attempting to adopt my daughter (age 11), he has been her dad now for about 9 years. The biological father has not seen his child since she was 5 months old and never paid child support. I have a child support order and a permanent restraining order which was granted in Kansas, 1997....

View more questions Search