Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnTornebene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Do I take revenge, and expose what I know?
    Moved to its own thread

I am married now, actually separated now for several months and I happen to know two siblings of my wife have stripped in the past. One is married and the other is not (no class). I know that everyone has a past but the interesting part is that these girls were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses. You see, their mother (my mother-in-law) is a die-hard Witness and swears that any other faith on this planet is doomed and her beliefs are the only way to salvation. One Crazy Biotch! She is so narrow minded that in the 10+ years I have known her, she has never apologized for anything and I'm talking about an apology to anyone, not just me. The Biotch has never been wrong a day in her life. I have to admit that if she, the disease and cancer of the family, had been exterminated a few years ago, my loving wife, children and I may have had a fighting chance to make it work. So... do I take revenge and expose what I know (pictures too), or do I take the path of righteousness and prove to her that Jehovah's Witnesses are a new group/organization that exists on this planet among many good groups/organizations?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2012, 07:23 PM
    I think you do neither, as what purpose would it serve? Why is your mother in law to blame for the failure of your marriage? You certainly have nothing to prove to her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2012, 08:35 PM
    Ok, you are not really married and you are actually 12 right ?

You can not be a real adult, adults do not act like what you are saying. First she has her religious faith and she believes it is correct. Most if not all of the JW I know believe this way.
    They have the same right to believe they are right as do the Baptist, the Catholic, and so on, each faith believes theirs are right and all others are basically doomed to hell or perhaps not as blessed in heaven as their group will be.

You will never prove to a JW that their faith is wrong, and it serves no purpose to bring up dirt just to try and hurt another person.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2012, 09:56 AM
    Well it will help you end your separation... with a divorce.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 13, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Leave the past behind you and move on to other things in life.
    JohnTornebene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Thanks for the responses. Truthfully, I know that I can't not blame her for our failed marriage, however, I do not want her to impose her religious beliefs on my twin girls. Her chosen faith encourages aggressive means to recruit people. Many times they prey upon the emotionally weak and use certain tactics to break people down further so that they can indoctrinate these 'lost souls'. If it were only that easy to just walk away but when children are involved it's not quite that easy. I know that revenge is not the answer but I can't just lie down either. Can anyone give advice on how to deal with a mother-law that tries to have control over everything. I feel sorry for my father-in-law, the man was at his happiest when he was on the road driving trucks and only had to be around her a few days at a time. How does one ethically, morally and effectively deal with a person like 'her"?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2012, 12:06 PM
    I think the best approach is being a more positive influence in the life of your children would be a better approach, and do not teach them the hate and loathing that you have for grandma.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2012, 12:24 PM
    Right on, talaniman! In almost any situation kids will figure things out for themselves - based upon how they perceive the people and events that surrounded them through the years. If one parent figure is bitter, angry, vindictive, etc. they will be sure to lean away from that person's behavior and embrace the other influences. If you model the behaviors you want your children to emulate it will come back to you in a positive way. If you work at proving other people being the wrong influences your children are more apt to abandon your ideals and behave accordingly. If you are separated you already have less time to influence your kids. Why not concentrate on making that quality time that will influence them in a positive way?

PS: This works with spouses too.

Hugs, Didi
    north50 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 07:40 PM
    No - you need to get over the apparent need you feel for revenge and move on with your own life. You only get so many days on this planet - and you're wasting time and energy trying to get back at someone you think hurt you.

Let it go - move on with your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crime to expose identity of witness in federal witness protection program? [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone cite me to the statute that makes exposing identity of witness in federal witness protection program a crime?

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 12 Answers ]

So, you think Fox News is ‘Fair and Balanced’? :) YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions Does anyone still believe this is a news network?

Kitchen Ceiling Fan Removal - can't find housing release to expose box/bracket [ 4 Answers ]

My kitchen ceiling fan (sorry - don't know the manufacturer) came with the house I bought 21 years ago. It doesn't have the typical screws that release the housing cover exposing the electrical box and/or mounting bracket. I can't see how to take the motor and fan assembly off from below. Are...

View more questions Search