Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coldinmichigan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Blower running, Pilot Lit - no heat coming out
    Ok I need help. The man is racking his brain - won't call the repair folks and after two weeks of getting up in the middle of the night to kick start the heater (flipping the power switch off and on) to get it to light the burners all the way across - I'm tired. Facts: Pilot is lit, thermostat is set to 73, blower is running. However, no heat is coming out because when the call for heat comes not all of the burners are lighting (some times yes they light sometimes no they don't light.) Help?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 10:09 PM
    WOW could be a gas valve or low gas pressure. I would call a service tech for this one. When not all the burners are lighting that is bad news on gas.
    coldinmichigan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Ok - when you say low gas pressure or gas valve are you referring to the service tech from the gas company or a heating and cooling company? My testing from last night this AM push the thermostat to 85 and see what happens. Sure enough the heater stayed on consitently because it couldn't quite reach a heating point of 85 degrees in the house. Any thoughts?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Call a service man to fix the problem. You might have low gas pressure or a pluged orfice. You need tools(special) to fix these problems
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 02:32 PM
    It could also be as simple as dirty burners and/or flame extenders, just pay 100 dollars for a check and service, this will come with a safety inspection and a labor guarantee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pilot light won't stay lit [ 6 Answers ]

Help,I have two problems.. My upstairs furnace pilot light will light,and after holding down the pilot button for about 3-4 minutes(it says one minute,but it won't stay lit after only one)it stays,but will go out again in a day or two... The furnace for the downstairs won't light at all.. I can't...

Gas furnace pilot won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

About 1 month ago pilo light wouldn't stay lit so I replaced the thermocouple.. The unit worked fine for about 2 weeks. After that when relighting it would go out after 1 day or so. Bought a new thermocouple and this one would only keep the pilot lit for 1 to 2 hours. Reinstalled the thermocouple I...

Pilot Lit But Blowers Won't Stay Fired [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot stays lit, but the burners won't. Not sure what's wrong.

Blower Running but no heat is coming out [ 4 Answers ]

My central heating and air unit stopped putting out warm air last night. I woke up freezing. The blower will still run but no warm air will come out. What steps do I need to take before calling a repairman?

Furnace Pilot stays lit continuously [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace pilot stays lit continuously Even though it states inside of the furnace and I quote "Pilot will light automatically when there is a call for heat. NOTE during thermostat off cycle main burners and PILOT flame are both extinguisehd. I have gotten many rude response that say that's...

View more questions Search