Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plrs1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
    Where is the fuel injection release valve on a 1995 Chevy Blazer vortec motor?
    I went to leave one day truck started just fine then died like 40 sec. Later while I was letting warm up. Its acting like its out of gas but I put a gallon in still won't start
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2012, 07:07 PM
    It should be right there before the fuel rail.

Try this:

Turn the ignition switch to ON. When the fuel pump stops running, turn the ignition switch OFF. Repeat this procedure several more times. This will fully pressurize the fuel rail. On the last attempt, turn the ignition switch to START. Keep in mind that you may need to add several more gallons of gas, if the tank was nearly empty.

If the problem persists, consider replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM). They often cause engines to suddenly die. I recommend replacing them every 120,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first. I suspect ICM failure--BWD Part No. CBE28Z, $43.99 Advance Auto Parts, Lifetime Warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Chevy Blazer 4.3 vortec not shifting [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 93 Chevy Blazer 4.3 vortec engine. I started having a problem shifting a year ago. I have changed all solenoids, wiring harness inside case, filter, pan gasket and of course fluid. Only saw very little metal inside pan when I opened it. Changing the fluid is what originally caused a no...

93 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 vortec, transmission pan removal? [ 2 Answers ]

Any 1 know how to remove the trans. Pan to change the filter and leaking gasket? It has a cross member going from 1 side of the frame to the tramsmission, the to the other side of the frame , and if it was moved like 1 inch I could get the pan out, but not sure if that's safe Any 1 did...

Where is the fuel pressure regulator on a 2000 chevy 7.4 liter vortec engine [ 2 Answers ]

2000 chevy truck 7.4 liter V8 vortec Fuel pressure regulator location?

1995 chevy blazer won't work [ 3 Answers ]

My 1995 chevy s10 blazer started to surge at low rpms and would eventually die, I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, throttle positioning sensor, EGR valve,idle air sensor, bosch spark plugs and wires, the coil, checked fire and it fired on all cylinders, the fuel pressure stays at a steady...

My 1995 chevy blazer won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old one, a 1995 chevy blazer. It stopped one day and I have been able to get it start since. We changed fuel fliter, spider injector pump, and fuel pump in the tank. I checked to see if fuel relays are working and they are. The pump in the tank is working, while changing the filter we...

View more questions Search