Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hookahbird Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
    My daughters mother does not want support and I'm about to go to jail for non payment
    I need to know what I can do asap. I have to report Monday. How can I get help so I don't go to jail and not have to pay support. I raise my daughter and yet I'm still obglated to pay.. Please help me
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 12, 2012, 04:12 PM
    There is a court order for support, correct? Why have you not paid what the court has ordered? Who is pressing charges if the mother isn't? What do you mean that you "raise your daughter".

ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.
    kyle9994 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jan 12, 2012, 04:26 PM
    She has to go to the courts office Clerk of court and tell them she wants support removed. If not the state will continue the support and u will be charged for not paying.

Jan 12, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle9994 View Post
    she has to go to the courts office Clerk of court and tell them she wants support removed. if not the state will continue the support and u will be charged for not paying.
    That may not work. It depends on the state and the circumstances. For example, support could have been ordered by the state as reimbursement for public assistance. In that case it's the state collecting the support, not the other parent. We really need more info to properly advise.

Jan 13, 2012, 12:25 AM
    This is the first time I got on here and thank you so much for the advise :-)

Jan 13, 2012, 04:16 AM
    I'm happy you found the responses helpful, but there wasn't much advice. To really be able to help you need to provide more info.

Jan 13, 2012, 11:01 AM
    I from Ohio sorry. I'm going in today to family services to figure if and how to get support to get support removed. The mother is not pressing charges the state is and yes she receives assistence from government ( food stamps, wic etc.) What can she and I do to get support dropped? Please help me people. I thought I had more time to get things ready. I raise my daughter five days out of the week and mother don't want support

Jan 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
    The state wants to be reimbursed. You were the one who fell behind in support. You will have to try and reach some agreement with the state to make payments. If the mother is getting public assistance because you are not paying your share, then you will have to pay.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hookahbird View Post
    I raise my daughter five days out of the week and mother don't want support
    Can you explain what this actually means? Is your daughter in your care and custody (overnight) for 5 days out of the week? Are you stating that you are the primary parent?

Jan 14, 2012, 04:42 PM
    I not the primary parent. There isno visitation order and the mother is not pressing charges. She does receive public assistence. She has never wanted support from me yet the government is coming after me. I can't shake them!! I have not paid because one the mother does not want any and second I care more for her then her mother does. I gave the judge a paper stating I'm completely unable to work and yet he did not except it?? I got sentenced three months ago to jail for non payment and gave me three months to either get a Dr. Order stating I'm unable to work or follow speak work order. I done both and didn't get to the courts to turn in the paperwork till fifteen before closing and the judge didn't except the work I done. Said I didn't do anything in the last three months which was wrong. I did everything I was ordered to do. Now he said I have to go to jail and I'm not excused? I don't want to go but my p.d. said he will file a motion to get me out but doesn't know for sure if he's going to be able to get me out. The judge said I'm going and he's not excusing me, so I don't see my lawyer getting me out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2012, 04:50 PM
    The government will demand and will get their money, if she is on public assistance you are required to pay,

Also it does not matter if she does not want the money, if there is support order it does not matter if she wants the money or not, you have to pay. But once she gets support, the government will make you pay, so get used to it and start writing them a check or you will go to jail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is my daughters ssi payment coming from? [ 2 Answers ]

I am the custodial parent to my daughter her father who is the non custodial parent was just recently approved and is now receiving ssi benefits, where, when and how does my daughter get her approved ssi benefits paid.

I am not satisfied with the way my daughters mother is raising her. What can I do? [ 4 Answers ]

I pay child support on time ever month but when I see my daughter, she looks like I don't send her anything. She's obviously spending my daughters money. Is there anything I can do?

Daughters and mother not talking [ 11 Answers ]

My Daughter and I have not Spoken in a year, I can only assume its because I have not had any communication with her Father for over 8 years and he feels left out, as my children are all adults I have walked away for my own sanity, he has since come into my daughters life and used her as a weapon...

US citizen petitioning mother with two daughters under 21 [ 1 Answers ]

It was my understanding that as a US citizen, you could petition your parent and this would automatically include any children under 21. My sisters are 19 and 16 years old. I just received a processing fee bill which only includes my mother and not my 2 sisters. I called the National Visa Center...

Mother and Daughter Relationships, For all you daughters. [ 4 Answers ]

I may be stepping in a mindfield, or minefield. I know I do not quite understand it so I am asking all you Daughters who are married and have a family. Why is there such an importance with Daughters and mothers, why are daughters always worried about what their mother thinks or worried...

View more questions Search