Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arm4852 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 07:17 AM
    Check cashing
    If I cashed a Ck that has had a stop payment put on it several months ago at like a Walmart store, is it 100% chance the Ck can be linked back to me? My company keeps putting off paying me, constantly making up excuses and I absolutely CANNOT wait another day to get my money... I have bills that are past due BC of this and am getting charged late fees for everyday it's late. GOT TO GET MY MONEY TODAY & am seeing my only option to be cashing this Ck!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Yes.. it can 100% get back to you.. and YOU will be personally held liable for it.
    AND get charged for penatlies the result from it.

You do have to present a positive form of ID.

Odds are they won't cash it... they do electronically run them through a system today and it will hit as bad right away... and if by chance it does go through and the back kicks it back... YOU are going to be on the hook for that and then some... and if you don't make it good they can charge you with passing bad checks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you sue a store for cashing a stolen check payroll check without proper id? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you sue a store for cashing a stolen check payroll check without proper id?

Check cashing [ 6 Answers ]

My question is as follows: A service was paid for by check, the person providing the service said he couldn't cash it because he didn't have an account. The check was stopped and we were told it would be returned. A Western Union Wire transfer of the same amount was issued and received by...

Cashing a Check / Cheque [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take to cash a check/cheque?

Cashing a bad check [ 6 Answers ]

I was given a check for a sweapstakes I won. I took the check to my local cashing agency who I always deal with. I cashed the check. A few days later the check cashing agency notified me that the check had bounced. Now the agency wants me to pay back the money to them. I already spent the...

Check Cashing [ 1 Answers ]

Can you cash a personal check against a business account or a certificate of deposit in the state of Virginia?

View more questions Search