Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missmymom62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 08:04 PM
    My mother has Alzheimer's and is living with my wicked sister. Can I visit?
    Three years ago my mother told me during one of her visits how much my sister who she was forced to live with, was spending on her Am Ex and other credit cards. My sister also expects her to pay tuition for private school, lessons, her rent, utilities and other living expense to the tune of over $15,000/month. My mother is afraid of her and can't say no so when DCF came to call, she covered up for my sister. I have had no contact with my mother since then and I would like to see her and so would my two boys. She has Alzheimers and since my sister erased my phone number and all other contact info, my mom can't reach me and isn't allowed to answer the phone. THey live in a doorman building and they won't allow me in. Can I petition the court for visitation?
    angel66647 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2012, 09:47 PM
    Of course you can your sister is committing a civil crime by taking away your mother basic rights and taking advantage of your mother. If your mother desires to see you she has the full right to see you no one can tell her not to its violates humans natural rights. You should totally bring this to court you can ask a lawyer if you're not sure about some things in case you need to clarify some things
    angel66647 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2012, 09:49 PM
    By the way you can also back up your statement by saying that your mother has a disability and your sister is taking advantage of that disability for her own want and desire
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 10:01 PM
    If your sister is really robbing your mother, this is a crime and should be reported as elder abuse to the Department on Aging.

State Directory

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why cant my son bring his daughter to visit without his mother [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his partner have an 18 month old baby girl who is beautiful. We are having a celebration for my other son's birthday at home and his partner says he can come, she is too busy but he can't bring the baby. When they come together she doesn't get up until lunchtime and the baby sleeps in...

My stepdaughter is 14 and doesn't want to visit her mother is she allowed to say no [ 2 Answers ]

My stepdaugher has lived me with and her father since she was 6. She has had limited contacted with her mother for the last 7 years. She had no contact for nearly 2 years but now mother wants to see her regularly and she doesn't want to go is she allowed to say no

He molested my sister and is now living with us! Help! [ 6 Answers ]

My stepfather molested my little sister a few years back and my mother has now allowed him to move back into our house. I don't know who to contact in order to get him out. Iam going to college soon and will have to leave my sister alone. My mother does not respect my opinion that he should not be...

Children kept in basement by wicked mother and they loosen the handrail on the stairs [ 0 Answers ]

Pre 1950 black and white film with children kept in basement by wicked mother and they loosen the handrail on the stairs to the airy so she will fall down the stairs when she comes home after leaving them at home alone.

CEO's sister is living in our office [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, There is a multitude of ethical issues in the small corporation I work for, but currently I am most concerned that one of our employees (the sister of the CEO) is clearly living in our office. Her toiletries are in the bathroom, her underwear was found crumpled in a corner, and she has...

View more questions Search