Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pspaulding Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Can second hand marijuana smoke make a positive hair folicle test
    I have to take a hair folicle test and I haven't smoked marijuana in 5 months but I'm around it everyday. Will this make my hair test positive all though I didn't inhale any thc
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2012, 07:57 PM
    That can certainly happen. It is related to the type and extent of the test performed. It has nothing to do with inhaling but is related to THC entering the hair via the sweat and sebaceous glands. This applies to hair testing and not urine testing.

As example see Auwater, 2010 and Musshoff & Madea, 2006.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair strand test results from second hand cannabis smoke [ 1 Answers ]

How much second hand cannabis smoke will test positive in hair strand drug test ?

Hair Folicle Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... a little over 30 days ago, I tried meth. It might have been equivalent to a few lines. I'm not an habitual user, don't use it, just tried it, and haven't used it since. I now am going for a hair folice test for a job application and HR told me they are testing for drug use within the...

Hair Folicle Test [ 5 Answers ]

Both my husband and I have used meth over the last 2 years. Our employer is requesting volumtary testing of all employees. It will be either a urine or hair follicle test and managed randomly. My question is since I have long hair and he gets his cut often, isn't he less likely to produce a...

Hair folicle test [ 3 Answers ]

Do soma's show up on a hair folicle test?

Hair folicle test [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé snorted cocaine 1x Dec. 9th 2007 and took a few pills. He has to have a hair folicle test done with his body hair by Jan 26th 2008 will it show in the test?

View more questions Search