Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mw55309 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Pisa Bristan Shower - water is always colder than the tap
    OK, I have a Pisa Bristan mixer shower. The shower, when turned to it's hottest setting, produces luke warm water, despite water from the tap being much hotter. I suspect that the mix of hot to cold water is not good even when I have turned the shower up to it's hottest.

This is a permanent thing, and isn't because I have no hot water, or have just flushed the toilet etc.

I remember reading somewhere that it's possible to recalibrate the shower so that when it is set to hot it has a better hot to cold ratio. Google tells me that there is a cassette inside that is "factory set" to 42 degrees (or something). I somehow need to set this to be hotter, or to increase the mix of hot to cold.

Does anyone know how to do this?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Bristan Spares - Bristan Shower Spares - Bristan Spare or Part
    mw55309 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 02:24 AM
    £89.07 for the new cartridge when I don't even know for certain that that's the problem?!
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2007, 05:43 AM
    There was a faq and a manual on that page [smilez]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water coming from hot water tap [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, This morning I had a shower.. no problem the water was piping hot as usual I got ready and went to work. My wife, who works nights, got up a few hours later and also had a shower... no problem. When my wife tried to run the hot water tap a few hours later to do some washing up there was no...

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

Smell in Tap Water [ 6 Answers ]

I've read all the posts about smelly cold water (great work, BTW!), but nothing quite matched the symptoms we're experiencing: We moved into a 2-year old condo last year and immediately we noticed the master bath toilet wouldn't completely flush, unless we held the handle down until it...

Hot water from cold water tap [ 7 Answers ]

We recently had a plumber in to raise the temperature in our shower. He fiddled about, turning various supply pipes on and off and then deemed he couldn't do anything as he didn't have the part. Although he is supposed to have put the system back the way it was, we now have hot water coming out of...

Luke warm water from hot water tap [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a condo (efficiency) that was converted from a motel. I 've had and have problems with hot water in taps. The unit is old and the feed pipes from the hot/cold water supplies are not accessible. Last year all I got was luke warm water from the shower and two taps in the unit. I had a...

View more questions Search