Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophie1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 05:14 AM
    Why can't I get pregnant? It's really stressing me out!
    Me and my partner have been together for over 2 years and we have been trying for a baby and nothing had happened.We are both desperate for a baby. All my sisters have had children and conceived without any problems. I'm worried that something is seriously wrong with me. I'm to scared to go to my doctors. Help me please
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 07:35 AM
    The first order of business should be your partner's getting testing for sperm count, etc. It's easy, non-invasive, and might be the problem (since your sisters can get pregnant easily). In other words, it might not be you.

If he's "desperate" to have a baby, I'm hoping he will agree to this. Also, too often stress and pressure and the urgency of wanting a baby messes up your hormones and guarantees a sperm won't find an egg. Forget about getting pregnant, and just have fun together in bed and out of it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 08:02 AM
    If you have been actively trying for two years then, as Wondergirl said, time to have some initial testing done for both of you. Being scared is understandable, but it won't help you find out if something needs to be done to change things for you. Being proactive will allow you to work towards your goal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2012, 08:07 AM
    Also in your trying, are you tracking your cycle dates and only having sex on the most fertile times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not getting pregnant after the depo and stressing [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 21yrs. I got married in July of last year;) and stopped taking the depo in June and my husband and I have been trying since. I was on the depo for about 2years and didn't have my period(I loved that part!) It took 6months for me to get my period and now its been 5months of semi-regular...

This is stressing me out so much! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 17 and about a month ago (May 24th I'm thinking?) I had sex, it was dark, we did use a condom, but I can't help but be paranoid? My period came as usual on the 10th but I've been feeling like I'm bloated for quite some time, although Im still not sure if that's me being paranoid! I took two...

Stressing out [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyway to make yourself stop stressing out? My mind will not stop thinking about the same things I have already thought of. And I know I can control what others do, so why do I keep trying to fix it in my mind. Sound really stupid right? Like at night I'm trying to sleep and my mind starts...

Somewhat stressing. [ 20 Answers ]

Would a convicted felon prevent a surgical technologist graduate from taking the exam to become certified? My conviction is accessory to felony theft and this happened in 1998. I would also like to know if there is anyone out there that may know of some facilities that would work with convicted...

Still stressing about mayme being pregnant. [ 22 Answers ]

My mom says it's nothing and I can't be pregnant because it's basically impossible to get pregnant without having sex, but if my ex boyfriend did what I think he did before he fingered me by accident than it's a possibility and yes I have re-read over a lot of colums to come the statement that it's...

View more questions Search