Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vivekrao Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 12:24 AM
    Girls Parents not accepting me.
    Hi, I am truly in love with a girl whom we knew in college days and now we have come closer to each other, I have informed about it to my parents and they agreed to it but with a condition that I should be get married in 2years time, since I need to stand on my feet before marrying. I told this to my Love n them she informed about our relationship to her Brother-in-law and he asked her to meet me and accordingly we met up but it seems he didn't like me bcoz I am not rich inhalf. He then went and told her parents, since they are 75yrs old.. So her Brother-in-law informed her parents and accordingly they didn't like me to be with her and slowly they said fine to meet me but after meeting they were not happy about waiting for 2 years and now they have already finalised a guy of their caster(since I am different caste)and about to finalise the engagement date shortly. My love is very tensed and don't know what to do, I have come from India to Dubai for a better work search and now they are planning everything after they knew I am not there. I had called her parents to say I am going but they didn't react much. They neither told anything to my love about it and now she is also fighting for me but they are sticking to their decision. Please help me, how can I speak to her parents or tell them or convince them how much I Love their Daughter. She is the last daughter from the 4 Sibling everyone else have got married only she is left. Please help me
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 7, 2012, 04:04 AM
    I am from the US, and the idea that parents have to approve is strange to me. Hopefully someone from India will answer. You are both adults, you have been through college, you should be making your own decisions, even with love for your parents and all they have done for you. If you feel you have to continue to try to please her parents for her sake, then talk about your future financial probabilities. Talk about how the modern business world doesn't revolve around caste and that you will provide a good life. She has been to college too and may want to work too. You may or may not even be living in India because of careers. There won't be the pressure from relatives about caste since you won't be nearby.
    vivekrao Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2012, 06:53 AM
    There is a lot of pressure from her sister to get her married in their caste itself and no one from her family is supporting her. She is alone fighting & crying. Even I don't know what to do. I am way here in Dubai and they are doing all the planning to pressurize her to get married..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to win over a girls controlling parents [ 40 Answers ]

New to the site, but hoping for some logic here. Background - I'm a 35 year old male, who has recently become involved with a 24 year old female. (Granted, the age thing here would normally be a deterrent to me, but somehow, this particular combination works.) She is a professional in a very...

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

Accepting a cd from parents [ 7 Answers ]

:eek:i'm receiving a cd from my parents who have one that has matured and needs to be taken out on tuesday the 7th of july. It is about 10k . What is the best way to accept it. Thanks, Armand

How can I tell my parents that I'm attracted to guys and girls? [ 8 Answers ]

How can I tell my parents I'm bisexual at the right time?

View more questions Search