Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    H.M.J Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 06:27 PM
    I'm a natural blonde but decided to dye it dark now its too dark what should I do'?
    I was born blonde and it naturally started going darker blonde as I grew and I started adding blonde highlights which made my hair look very naturally blonde. Than I decided to go for a change and got it dyed professionally a dark chocolate brown about 3 weeks ago and it has slight reddish highlights from the blonde that was underneath. It looks all right and everybody says that it looks pretty natural on me but I don't feel like it does as I am so used to being a blonde. I really miss my blonde and I'm just looking for some advice on if this is possible to get again or what are the steps I would have to do in order to avoid brassy or any other unwanted shades when going blonde again over the dark brown. I would be going to a professional salon instead of doing it myself at home because I know box colors do not stay and I would like to get the best outcome possible to get it blonde again.. Can someone please help me with some advice?. It would be greatly appreciated as I am so anxious to get it blonde again.

Thank you
    xxMarinesoulxx Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 09:09 AM
    Dyeing your hair lighter is the hardest thing to do. In order to make your hair lighter, you need bleach. This will strip every color pigment off the strand, making your hair "bleached blonde." In my opinion, it wouldn't look natural because I bleached my hair once and it came out ORANGE and I needed the salon to darken it to natural color. Just wait until your hair grows out because bleach or dyeing it lighter always seems to backfire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is xxl blonde dye from schwarzkopf a good dye for dark blonde hair to go lighter [ 1 Answers ]

I have dirty blonde hair, and want to dye it at home, I'm 15 so don't want it to go ginger. But I've heard good and bad reviews about and was wondering should I try it? I don't want to bleach it.

Natural Blonde needs help removing DARK color [ 1 Answers ]

So I am a natural golden blonde who thought it would be a good idea for the new year to change my hair. My cousin is a pro and it turned out a really crappy version of Kate Walsh's red and it didn't suit. My mom and I tried an ash blonde hoping it would tone the red. Now I have a copper, brown, and...

Remove dark brown from natural blonde hair [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair a dark brown last week and want to go back to my natural color. I bought color remover but so scared that it will dry/mess up my hair. I know I have to remove the color then dye it the blonde color that I want. Is it possible that my hair will fall out. I have had many people...

Dark Brown to natural blonde without dying [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair dark brown about 3months ago, it still hasn't faded and I want it my natural light blonde, without dying it. I've heard about people using clarifying shampoos and L'Oreal Colour Zap and things like that, but I don't want it going brassy, or yellow or anything like that. I want it...

Blonde chunks want to dye all dark brown [ 1 Answers ]

I have medium brown hair and I have a blonde chunk in the side which is about half way down now because its growing out, I also have a bit of blonde in my fringe, inreally really want to dye all my hair really really dark brown, will th blonde go lighter or will it make the brown be a different...

View more questions Search