Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stefa101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 03:41 PM
    What to do if your pool is leaking and it's winter time?
    My pool is leaking from some leaks that were repaired in the summer but were opened again because the liner is being stretched by ice-snow. It seemes like it might collapse. Should we cut off the liner or what? Please reply soon.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Is this an above ground pool or what?
    Stefa101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Its an above ground, sorry
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 5, 2012, 07:42 PM

Drain it almost completely empty leaving at least 2-3 inches of water in the bottom and wait until it is time to open the pool and either replace the liner as a whole if you can afford it or reinforce the braces and fix the leaks in the liner, trying to patch the leaks now wouldn't do any good because it should be warm in order to apply the patch. If the holes are bigger than 1/2 inch in diameter or longer than 1-2 inches I suggest replacing the liner in the spring time but for now drain as I told you should.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Pool is leaking and it is winter! [ 0 Answers ]

This is our first winter with our 24 above ground pool. We noticed a small hole (because of water on the ground outside) in the liner before we closed it (mid sept) and patched it. About a month later we noticed it was still losing water, so we pulled back the cover and checked the patch which...

Pool leaks in winter [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey, I have a slow leak in a above grown 4 foot high pool. The water level is 2 feet down, I loosened up the cover to protect the walls. I closed the pool up in Sept.. If the water level does not drop, can I assume that the leak is in the wall? How can I find the leak? Should I...

Why a concrete driveway it take long time to get uniforme color in winter time? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just have a driveway done, and it has different color thy pour the concrete in winter and cover with blanquets, and I will like to know if the color going to be all the same?

Pool at winter? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you leave above ground pool empty, and not covered for the winter?

Winter leak- Ice what to do? Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Have an above ground 21' round pool. Winterized with a pillow and cover and proper chemicals. This the first winter for pool. Installed it myself. Noticed yesterday water flowing out from underneath, obviously a leak. Level is down about a foot or more. Loostened cover to avoid walls from being...

View more questions Search