Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BetterThanRev Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 08:46 PM
    How to feel better about myself
    How can I feel better about myself?
    I want to be positive. I'm very, negative (A pessimist really.)
    I think the worst of myself and when I look in a mirror I just frown.
    I hate myself. So what are some ways I can LOVE myself? Without becoming a freak..
    ElfGirl777 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2011, 09:34 PM
    I used to be very depressed when I was younger.I still go through it sometimes but what helps me the most is finding ways to help others.Maybe get involved in charities(you don't need $ to help out all the time) or a cause that means a lot to you personally?Also find something positive that interests you/Hobbies.I love to visit inspirational websites,etc. as well to see positive quotes,etc.I think that everybody has something that they don't like about themselves.(Especially those that make fun of others!)It's too bad that many concentrate on the physical things that they think are wrong though.You'll notice as you get older,I hope; ),that improving yourself on the INSIDE will let people see the REAL beauty.I truly believe that EVERYONE has something lovely about them physically as well,though(even when they cannot see it themselves: )... You may think that you are not worthy of love but everyone has good AND bad things about them.Just try to concentrate on your positive qualities & take one day at a time.From my experience,depressed people are really just HIGHLY emotional people who have to find an outlet for getting rid of the negatives by creating something good.Perhaps you can talk to someone you trust about how you need help if you think that you can't break through the depression on your own.Maybe they can recommend a counselor for you to talk to if things get too much.Or just go to your school counselor yourself.Good luck to you.: )Never give up hope that things will get better... ; )
    tyshae88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2011, 07:14 PM
    Sometimes just dressing up and putting on makeup can raise yourself esteem, dress up to go to the grocery store! No one will tell you your beautiful but you, got to make yourself feel good
    beeboobop Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 10:05 PM
    There will be times where no one's advise or compliments will change how you feel. Whenever I am down, I hit up my local therapist or guidance counselor. They're trained to help other people with their personal problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

My breast feel tender my period was short I feel a pulse in my stomach [ 1 Answers ]

My period lasted only three days but only one was normal the other two were really light I can feel a pulse in my lower stomach my mom had her period for four months when she was pregnant with me could I be pregnant

Can women have a affair feel like she got to stay in it if the person feel in love [ 3 Answers ]

I heard a woman say she had sex with a co-worker cause she was bored, and he was coming at her everyday about loving her and treating her right. She then had sex with him and after 2 encounters wanted to stop but didn't know how to tell him no.

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I can not feel my baby's movement I just can feel kicking [ 2 Answers ]

I am 34 weeks pregnant an I can not feel my baby's movments I just can feel kicking for 5 times aday only is it normal or there is aproblem?

View more questions Search