Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pekkle007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 04:12 PM
    ?How do I file a lien on a professional license?
    Hello. I love in Illinois and run a vocational school. If a prospective student cannot afford my tuition, I would like to file a lien against their professional license. How do I go about doing this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 29, 2011, 04:53 PM
    You can't. There is no such thing. A lien is an encumbrance placed against a physical asset to prevent the sale of that asset until the lien is satisfied. A professional license is NOT a physical asset, nor is it sold.

You can, however, withhold the license until payment has been made.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2011, 05:27 PM
    You can get a judgement against the person, You can not give them their graduation until it is paid. Or require them to get outside funding. Perhaps work with a local loan company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put a lien on a contractors license? [ 8 Answers ]

How do I put a lien on a contractors license? He started my work on my house and messed up a lot of it. Now he's not finishing the work or fixing the mistakes he made. He comes to work on the house 2 to 4 hours a week some times. He has lied to us a lot of the way we are finding out. He's...

Collection agency lien on drivers license [ 5 Answers ]

A collection agency has a lien on my Washington state drivers license. If I file bankruptcy on the account, will the lien go away?

Felony charge and professional license [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to get a physical therapy aide license in NY with a felony drug conviction?

How do I file a property lien. Can I file it or do I need an attorney. [ 4 Answers ]

I am involved with heir property and have taken care of the property since the owner died. Can I file a lien on the property so that I can be repaid for the out of pocket expense incurred?

View more questions Search