ACEdog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 06:45 AM
    How to stop siberian husky from barking at a family member
    How to stop siberian husky from barking at a family member
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2011, 09:02 AM
    What started the barking?

My dogs know to stop barking in general when I hold my hand up, show them the palm and say, "Stop barking."

What steps have you taken?

Is the dog barking aggressively, playfully, something else? Has the person teased the dog?

Dec 26, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Many thanks for your reply...

We tell him to stop barking and try to play with him with his own toys.

He does not bark aggressively but niether in a playfull way. It might be that my father has teased him ones but from the first time we brought the dog home he used to bark at my father. We own the dog for 2 weeks now and he is 10 weeks old.
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2011, 10:49 AM
    He's a puppy - he's just finding his voice.

If he was teased "once" (I assume you mean) he has REASON to bark at your father. Teasing a puppy is never a good idea.

I'd work on distracting him. I'd also speak to your father before this becomes a real problem.

In the meantime you need to learn a "stop" signal followed by "good dog" when he obeys.
    binkia Posts: 49, Reputation: -2

Jan 1, 2012, 01:14 AM
    He will stop barking at them as time goes by don't worry he will stop.
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by binkia View Post
    he will stop barking at them as time goes by dont worry he will stop.

Would you please post your research on this? The dog is barking for a reason - he was teased. How is time going to stop his barking?

Jan 1, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Hi Binkia, yes as a matter of fact, as time goes by his is barking less and is getting friendlier... Thanks a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Siberian Husky [ 3 Answers ]

I got my husky from a breeder when he was 13 weeks old. We brought him home and we have had him for about 4 weeks and he is still co calm. He refuses to come out of his cage unless he is eating or going out to the bathroom. I have been trying to figure out why he acts the way he does and cannot...

Young Siberian husky [ 5 Answers ]

So my cousin bought a husky without realizing how much attention, exercise and food they need. He's had the pup for about 3 days and has already given up on it. He has asked me to take the dog since I am "best fit" to try and work with it, and since I've had big dogs... He chews (but what pup...

Siberian husky [ 3 Answers ]

What can cause facial hair loss in a 8 week old husky pup...

6 month inuit/siberian husky [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I bought my pup at 10 weeks old. His mother is a northern inuit husky and have papers from her side... His father is meant to be a siberian husky but have no proof of this. He is now 6 months old and hasn't grown much since we bought him. He is up to date will all of his injections and...

HouseBreaking My 10 Year Old Siberian Husky [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There, My dog is a 10 year old siberian husky and when she is inside she usually ends up messing in the house. We got her from a kennel when she was 9 so she messes in the house because that is what she did in her kennel. So she is currently outside in a dog pen with her doghouse. And we want...

View more questions Search