Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beej17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2011, 10:43 PM
    How to deal with death threats?
    My boyfriends ex threatened my life over the phone as well as told me she would make it so we couldn't be together and screw us both over. She also had a friend of hers threaten my boyfriend at the same time. We both contacted the police about it and filed reports, she was taken to the police station and released that same night. She was told to leave us both alone and that was it. The next day she went to the police with a story that he had held a gun to her a year ago, and said that we were the ones calling and threatening her. He is now being held in questioning for 5 days now. They refuse to release him because they can't prove that he doesn't have a gun, but she has no proof that any of this actually happened. What can I do? Or what can be done?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2011, 10:46 PM
    Get an attorney. First, it is basically illegal to hold someone for 5 days without charging them. Second, you sue the ex for harassment and filing a false police report.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2011, 11:01 PM
    Agree, assuming this is in the US, they can not legally hold him for 5 days, unless they have charged him officially with a crime ( unless he had warrants out for him for something else) Next after your complaints, it is very unlikely they would take the gun threat serious unless of course she had some proof of it.

He needs an attorney right now. Since they have either violated his rights, or you do not know the entire story

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with sudden death of your mother? [ 30 Answers ]

Im 14 on the 26 of December 2007 my mum suddenly died of a heart attack I was only 13 . Now I have just passed the one year mark and am approaching my birthday I am finding it hard to cope. Do you have any surgestions . She was only 38 :'(. Life seems so much different now . Living with my...

How can I deal with my partner's death [ 13 Answers ]

My partner died almost six weeks ago,we were together fourteen years and although he had some alcohol problems the last couple of years and suffered from depression his death was sudden and unexpected. I found him dead in bed and keep asking myself if I had been in his room earlier maybe I could...

How do I deal with the death of my boyfriend [ 18 Answers ]

I have lost my boyfriend three days ago and all I could do is to cry. It happened so sudden and feel life is not fair. He was found lying on the corridor of his house by his mum. We loved each other to bits and I feel without him life would never be the same. My family and friend are not around...

My boyfriend can't deal with his mams death [ 5 Answers ]

HI I really want to help my boyfriend to deal with his mothers death,she past away on the 9 of December 08 so its only being a couple of months and he was ever so close to her she was very sick for a long time so he help nursed her... I think he blames himself in a way for her death once I...

View more questions Search