Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christian16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 11:34 PM
    Can a ex-husband sue an ex-wife for harassment?
    Hi I'm a exhusband and my wife constantly harassed me and has put our daughter in a emotional state where she has therapy every week now she has agreed to pay for half but never has. Also, she recently bought her a new phone and said if I take it away because she is grounded at my house she was going to report it as theft and she also bought her a coat and said if a stain appeared on it while she was in my care she was going to sue me for it. Is it possible I can sue her for this or press any charges against her? This is urgent please respond quick.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 25, 2011, 03:07 AM
    No you can't press charges for this; are you kidding? This doesn't constitute a crime and the police and courts are clogged as it is with acts of horrible domestic violence.
    You can of course sue anyone for anything but in this case it would be a waste of money.
    If you take the phone away, you give it back on her way out the door back to her mother's.
    If a stain appears on the new coat, you tell your daughter (who has a phone and is old enough to clean a stain) to clean it or face her mother. Her mother can sue you, but again, waste of time and money.
    Maybe she started all this lawsuit stuff, but don't you get into it too.
    Custody, visitation, and financial changes are what you go back to Family Court about.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2011, 05:56 AM
    I agree with Joy either one of you suing the other over this is a waste of time and money and would be thrown out.

The only issue I see viable, is if she is supposed to pay half the medical bills by court order, then you can go back to court to enforce that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2011, 08:42 AM
    You have to start ignoring the mother, the more you listen to her the more she will go on and on. You enjoy the time with your child and stop responding to the mothers silliness.

You have little reason to talk to the mother except to confirm when you will or will not pick up the child.
    Tarajio Posts: 19, Reputation: -6

Dec 25, 2011, 08:36 PM
    Go to your local District Attorney.. he can tell you if you have anything to file charges for.
    You will need undisputeable proof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I sue someone for harassment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been getting harassing phone calls from a "lawyer" named "Ronnie Cooper" and "Jason Anderson" claiming that I am being sue by two different loan websites. I know for a fact I do not owe ANY of these websites. I contact both the police and a lawyer of my situation. Both "lawyers" have made...

Can I sue nyc housing for defamation or harassment [ 5 Answers ]

I live in nyc houseing and I have been on disabilaty for seven years every year ihave to submit proof of income to houseing athouirty. And for fourteen years I have.all of a sudden I hacve a problem with my new houseing assitance telling me that I'm NOT RECEIVEING DISABILTY. ALL SO TELL,S ME THAT...

Sue ex spouse for harassment [ 5 Answers ]

My X filed for divorce in 1998. I can't even count how many times I have been dragged to court. The last time was 9/4/09 where he agreed to pay $250. A week for child support instead of the court recommended $189.00 a week. Now a year later he is dragging me back to court to change the amount to...

Can I sue for slander/defamation of character & harassment? [ 22 Answers ]

I have been dealing with someone harassing my family & I for more than three years. She follows me often. Has mailed letters to myself & my husband as well as taping letters on the door of his place of employment. She is constantly confronting my teenage daughters, other family members and friends...

Can I sue a police department for harassment, slander, and defamation of character? [ 6 Answers ]

I own a local tattoo shop. We've been experiencing a tremendous decrease in business due to allegations and rumors that drugs are sold out of our studio. All allegations are false, and we have written and signed statements from a number of customers and other people of what officers in our...

View more questions Search