Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teeny94 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Should I trust him?
    I have never really been able to trust my boyfriends. I am 24 and am from an unstable family which broke up because my father had an affair. I've never actually been cheated on by a serious boyfriend as far as I know. I split up with my live in partner one year ago partially because I was too insecure and it drove him mad. I have had a new boyfriend for three months now and he is really nice to me. I can't stress how nice. The more I like him the more worried I become about trust.

He has lots of female friends, and meets girls for drinks he only met online - which he says is because he has few friends and it is easy to meet them that way. He is also friends with an ex girlfriend he wants to come and stay with him for the weekend. He fantasises about sleeping with other girls and talks about having sex with ex girlfriends when we are in bed.

I guess from reading my responses that I should mention the reasons to trust him too - he stated he would never cheat on me, he cancelled his ex and the girl from online (for now) for me without my asking when I said it made me uncomfortable. He is soooo sweet to me.

Phew - I don't know what to do. I guess if he didn't want me he wouldn't be with me, and he was friends with his ex before I came along. Should I just let go of my fears and completely trust him? Or is this too dangerous a relationship for someone like me?

Thanks for reading this lengthy question! Hope you can help :)
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Feb 11, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Hellooooooooooo get out of thαt relαtionship! He's obviously giving you CLEAR signαls thαt he does/ is/ or will cheαt on you.. you sαid "...He fαntαsises αbout sleeping with other girls αnd tαlks αbout hαving sex with ex girlfriends when we αre in bed". Your 24 right? Well stαrt αcting your αge your not α high school pimple fαced girl αnymore-- get αwαy from thαt creep. Omg this isn't even α question --open your eyes... he's just hαppy to hαve α go-to girl (you) from the wαy you describe him... αnd to completely trust him is utterly α b s you are d since he's bound to do something! Girl wαke up--he's not αny help to your 'feαrs' he's α downfαll!!
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Feb 11, 2007, 04:56 PM
    I agree with Sarai, you have trust issues already and he does not strike me as trustworthy from your post.
    Him and his ex have never heard of putting her up in a hotel ?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Part of getting what you want in life is knowing that the easy way is not always the best way. I think your GUT is telling you the answer! But your insecurity and self-esteem are asking you to question it. Meeting girls online when you have a girlfriend is not good for you, him or your relationship OR your self-esteem. You are young and if you find a man with more character you will be proud later - for the pain for now. You had a tough childhood, and my heart goes out to you. The best way to not repeat dysfunction (which is VERY common when introduced in youth) is to acknoweledge it and demand better. And make sure your friends demand better. WHo we surround ourselves with says A LOT about us. You are poised for a great life. Be gutsy. Rewards will follow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't trust him [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We had some problems like all marriages, I thought but last Xmas he decided he wanted the divorce because he was not in love with me and could not leave like that anymore. He wanted freedom. He changed his mind about two months after that. He asked me...

Can I trust? [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I have been getting some mails saying that you have won a lottery... I have selected you from your country to invest money... I m going to die and I've selected you as my... like this. What's all this nonsense... Does anyone give money for free like this? Or Is it true...

How do you trust again. [ 15 Answers ]

Hey guys just a quick one? As some of you may know my last relationship ended it in disaster lol, but aside from that, how do you trust the new person you are with when you are so scared that the past will repeat itself. I mean I met this awsome person but I can't seem to trust her or...

Trust [ 7 Answers ]

I have been cheated on and beat since the age of 16. I am now 32 yrs old. How do you put all that behind you and trust a man?

How Can I Get Him To Trust Me Again? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my boyfriend and I got into a huge fight. I have always had problems trusting the guys that I am with. I don't know why, but I always think that I can't trust them. Anyway... we got into a big fight one night and I had always told him that I trusted him. I have always trusted him. The...

View more questions Search